- Online, enroll anytime
- Upon registering, you have 3 months to complete the course
- Independent study
- Work at your own pace
- $129 course fee
CE Credits Earned in the Basics Online Course
Course is approved by the following for 7.75 hours of Continuing Education:
- Montana Peace Officers Standards and Training (MT POST)
- Minnesota Department of Health, Mortuary Science Program
Course is approved by the following for 7.0 hours of Continuing Education:
- Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training (MN POST)
- North Dakota Peace Officers Standards and Training (ND POST)
Course is approved by the following for 5.5 hours of Continuing Education
- American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigations (ABMDI)
- International Association for Identification - Crime Scene
You'll be prompted to select a certificate during the registration process. Only select the certificate that applies to you and your discipline. If your specific discipline is not listed, please choose "certificate of completion."
Learn the Basics of Death Investigation
- Define and explain the 29 Principles of Death Investigation as endorsed by the National institute of Justice.
- Identify basic tools and equipment used in death investigation and organize appropriate local response strategies.
- Apply these local protocols in death investigation and distinguish various roles and steps in death investigation.
- Compare and differentiate between various personal protective equipment in death investigation and organize professional response and dress for death investigation.
- Learners will list key points for first responders in preservation and protection of the death scene.
Mary Ann Sens, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor and Chair of Pathology, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences