- Online, enroll anytime
- Upon registering, you have 3 months to complete the course
- Independent study
- Work at your own pace
- $39 course fee
Cultural Competency Course CE Credits
Course is approved by the following for 2.25 hours of Continuing Education:
- American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI)
- Montana Peace Officers Standards and Training (MT POST)
- Tennessee Peace Officers Standards and Training (TN POST)
- Minnesota Department of Health, Mortuary Science Program
Course is approved by the following for 2.0 hours of Continuing Education:
- Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training (MN POST)
- North Dakota Peace Officers Standards and Training (ND POST)
You'll be prompted to select a certificate during the registration process. Only select the certificate that applies to you and your discipline. If your specific discipline is not listed, please choose "certificate of completion."
What You'll Learn
- Recognize how cultural/religious concerns impact their work.
- Describe funeral customs of numerous cultures and religions.
- List strategies to work with the family and local community to ensure the deceased is treated with cultural and religious integrity.
- Describe adaptations of procedures as possible to maintain religious/cultural integrity.