Mental Health Issues
- Online, enroll anytime
- Upon registering, you have 6 months to complete the course
- Independent study
- Work at your own pace
- $59 course fee
About the Mental Health Issues Online Course
This online course help you understand and employ the basic concepts of mental health issues encountered by death investigators.
Course is approved by the following for 3.4 hours of Continuing Education
- American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI)
Course is approved by the following for 3.25 hours of Continuing Education
- Montana Peace Officers Standards and Training (MT POST)
- Minnesota Department of Health, Mortuary Science Program
Course is approved by the following for 3.0 hours of Continuing Education
- Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training (MN POST)
- North Dakota Peace Officers Standards and Training (ND POST)
- International Association for Identification - Crime Scene
You'll be prompted to select a certificate during the registration process. Only select the certificate that applies to you and your discipline. If your specific discipline is not listed, please choose "certificate of completion."
Mental Health Issues Course Objectives
- Understand and employ the basic concepts of mental health issues encountered by death investigators.
- Recognize several mental health problems and crises.
- Respond appropriately to these mental health challenges.
- Direct people to appropriate long-term professional help where it is needed.
Mary Ann Sens, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor and Chair of Pathology, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Jacque Gray, Ph.D.
Research Professor and Associate Director of Indigenous programs at the Center for Rural Health and the Department of Pathology, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences