Death Investigation Training
- Online, enroll anytime
- Upon registering, you have 6 months to complete the Forensic Pahtology course and 3 months to complete each of the other courses
- Independent study
- Work at your own pace
- Courses range from $20 to $540
This program is based on scientific principles and established, nationally recognized, standards of death investigation and forensic pathology. It addresses a critical need for training of Medical Legal Death Investigators in the United States. There are multiple modules of Death Investigation Training available as separate courses through the University of North Dakota's Office of Extended Learning.
Students may register to receive continuing education units upon completion of any one or more of the training courses. CEU's are approved for the following, depending on the course. See Courses at a Glance for continuing education specifics.
- American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI)
- Minnesota Department of Health - Mortuary Science Program
- Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST) - Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota and Tennessee
You'll be prompted to select a certificate during the registration process. Only select the certificate that applies to you and your discipline. If your specific discipline is not listed, please choose "certificate of completion."