Death Investigation Training
Enroll anytime for UND's online Death Investigation Training program.
- Upon registering, you have 3 - 12 months to complete your course, depending on the course
- Independent study
- Work at your own pace
- Courses range from $39 to $650
Nationally Recognized Death Investigation Training Program
The Death Investigation Training program is based on scientific principles and established, nationally recognized, standards of death investigation and forensic pathology. It addresses a critical need for training of Medical Legal Death Investigators in the United States. There are multiple online modules of Death Investigation Training available as separate courses through the University of North Dakota.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's)
Students may register to receive continuing education units upon completion of any one or more of the online training courses. CEU's are approved for the following, depending on the course. See the individual course pages for continuing education specifics.
- American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI)
- Minnesota Department of Health - Mortuary Science Program
- Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST) - Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota and Tennessee
You'll be prompted to select a certificate during the registration process. Only select the certificate that applies to you and your discipline. If your specific discipline is not listed, please choose "certificate of completion."