Applied Calculus Online College Course
UND's applied calculus online course is a non-rigorous introduction to differential and integral calculus.
- MATH 103 or Math Placement Exam score
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $370.08 per credit
Why Take the Applied Calculus Online Course?
Applied Calculus I is an elementary introduction to the basic theory and applications of differential and integral calculus. What does this mean?
“Elementary” means that you will focus on the ideas and applications of calculus. You will accept without proof some statements that would, in more advanced math classes, require a great deal of effort to prove rigorously. Happily this does not limit the effectiveness of what you will learn.
Differential calculus studies rates of change. This might not seem like much at first, but, among many other things, these ideas will allow you to graph functions quickly and accurately. This, in turn, enables you to maximize or minimize functions, which suddenly seems like quite a good thing when the function is measuring, say, profit or cost.
Integral calculus begins in measuring area and in trying to “undo” some of the methods you learn in differential calculus. Apart from some nice applications, integral calculus deepens your understanding of differential calculus.
You will begin with a review of some essential material on real numbers, functions, exponentials and logarithms before beginning your study of limits and continuity in preparation for the calculus. You'll learn limits, continuity, differentiation and integration techniques applications.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 16 lessons and 3 proctored exams, proctored by ProctorU Live+.
Applied Calculus Online Course Requirements
Calculus: Ideas and Applications, Abridged Edition by Himonas and Howard published by Wiley (ISBN: 0471401439)
An optional Student Solutions Manual (ISBN 0-471-26639-6) is also available.
A calculator is not required for this online course, but you are welcome to use one. A standard calculator (non-graphing) may be used for exams.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.