Introduction to Statistics Online Course
UND's enroll anytime courses are offered online and are open for enrollment any day of the year. These online courses for credit are self-paced, so it's convenient for you to work on your own time and have 3 to 9 months to complete the course.
- Psyc 111: Introduction to Psychology and MATH103: College Algebra
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take this online statistics course?
This online statistics college course will introduce you to descriptive and inferential statistics as applied to psychological measurement and experimentation. This intro to statistics course will strengthen your thinking and reasoning skills, and allow you to apply these skills in various situations.
Learning Objectives for Introduction to Statistics Online Course
By the end of this course, you should:
- Understand the concept of statistics. Statistics are a set of tools that can be used to answer questions about group tendencies. By the end of the course you should understand how statistics are used and you have an understanding of the types of questions that statistics can be used to answer.
- Understand the limitations of statistics. Because statistics are used to uncover group tendencies they will tell us nothing about individuals. By the end of the course you should understand the meaning of this limitation and know when statistics should not be used.
- Be able to use descriptive statistics. Descriptive statistics are ways of summarizing and organizing large sets of data. By the end of the course you should be able to calculate basic descriptive statistics and know how to use them properly.
- Be able to use basic inferential statistics. Inferential statistics are statistical “tests”. By the end of the course you should be able to calculate basic inferential statistics and know how to use them properly.
- Be able to choose the correct statistical procedure to answer a research question. By the end of the course you should be able to choose the proper descriptive and inferential statistics to answer specific research questions in any basic research situation in psychology.
- Be able to put the results of inferential statistical tests into words. Statisticians use mathematics to answer questions. By the end of this course you should be able to explain what these results mean. This is the most important and also the hardest part of the course.
What's required for this statistics course?
Gravetter, F. J. & Wallnau, L. B. (2014). Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences, 8th edition.
- ISBN-10: 128556359X or
- ISBN-13: 978-1133956570
Lessons & Exams for Psyc270 Online Course
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 19 Lessons
- 5 Proctored Exams
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.