The Writing Center is a place for students, faculty, and staff to discuss their work in progress with a writing consultant.
Due to UND's decision to move courses to remote instruction in response to concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Writing Center will now service all appointments online through Zoom until further notice.
We can assist you with developing skills and strategies for navigating your writing projects. We are located in Merrifield Hall Room 12, and we also offer distance appointments and group appointments. We are open to both students and faculty/staff.
We work with distance writers in collaborative appointments focused on developing writing skills through conversation and peer feedback.
Distance appointments use a digital workspace through Zoom. At your appointment time, check your appointment on the WCOnline schedule to access a link to your Zoom meeting room.
To make a Zoom appointment:
- Make an appointment and be sure to check the "This is a distance appointment" checkbox.
- We will provide a link to your Zoom meeting room in your appointment description on our schedule.
- Use the link to join at your scheduled appointment time. Note that all times are in the Central Time (CT) zone. For additional questions, please email us at UND.writingcenter@UND.edu.
- If you have a draft you would like to work on, please share your screen via Zoom once you are in the session.
- For more information about using Zoom, please see UND's guide here.
Writing Center Mission
The mission of the Writing Center is to serve as a resource on writing for the university community. We help people as they seek to improve their writing by offering positive, constructive responses to their work in any genre or discipline and at any stage of the writing process. We believe that the development of writing abilities is a life-long process, and that writing is a skill and art that enables people to create and communicate ideas.