Online Bachelor's Degree Communications
Earn your bachelor's degree in communication online at UND.
Online Bachelor's Degree Communications
You have two flexible and fully accredited options to pursue your online Communications degree.
Enroll Anytime Online Communication Courses
UND's enroll anytime courses are offered online and are open for enrollment any day of the year. These courses are self-paced, so you can work at your own pace and have 3 to 9 months to complete the course. Courses are not eligible for financial aid.
Semester Based Online Communication Courses
Take online courses that follow the standard University semester schedule. You'll interact in a virtual classroom with your instructor and other students. Courses qualify for financial aid.
You'll gain valuable practical experiences in career settings through internships. These experiences allow you to apply the knowledge you've gained through coursework to professional situation. You may complete internships at locations as close to your home community as possible.
Leaders in Online Education
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. All online programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help you one-on-one at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of self-help online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full online access. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.
- 24/7 technical support. UND provides free computer, email and other technical support for all online students.
Best Online Colleges
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable online tuition rates make UND a best-value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND one of the best online schools in the region.
UND ranks among the best online colleges in the nation for:
- Student satisfaction (retention rate)
- Academic quality (4-year graduate rate)
- Student outcomes (20-year return on investment per Paysacle.com)
“How UND has set up these online classes is really well done. The interactions, the homework we have to do are all built on our ability to learn, and I am very glad that I am taking these classes.”
What do UND communication graduates say about UND?
“My career would not have been possible if it had not been for my experience at UND."
— Peter Bottini, Social Media Marketing Director for the National Hockey League
"At the UND Communication Department, you get hands-on experience with advertising,
public relations, journalism, social media and other skills."
— Emily Hanson, Director of Marketing at the Alerus Center (Grand Forks)
"I couldn’t have asked for a better experience at UND. And it really set me up for success, with the skills that I learned and connections I made. I can’t say enough about it."
— Emily Zangari, Director of Digital Content & Strategy at the University of Connecticut