Resources are available to students across the UND campus.
Our Staff can help you navigate campus resources, be a listening ear, talk about identity and identity exploration, and much more. Schedule and appointment on Starfish or stop by a staff member's office.
The coming out process is an exciting yet terrifying but also beautiful. Everyone's journey is different. We are here to support all LGBTQ+ students in their self-discovery and coming out process. Want to talk? Connect with Student Diversity & Inclusion staff.
- How to Come Out on Campus-Campus Pride
- Explore: Coming Out-Human Rights Campaign
- Trans Student Educational Resources
- Coming Out: Living Authentically as Black LGBTQ People
- Coming Out: Living Authentically as LGBTQ Latinx Americans
- Coming Out: Living Authentically as LGBTQ Asian and Pacific Islander Americans
UND Counseling Center offers a variety of services including but not limited to short-term group, individual,
and couples counseling, alcohol and other drug counseling, careering counseling and
Make an appointment in person at McCannel Hall Room 200 or by phone at 701.777.2127
CVIC at UND offers advocacy and prevention services to students who are victims of sexual assault, stalking, harassment, and interpersonal violence. They offer confidential advising along with education through programs and events. CVIC is a gender affirming and LGBTQ inclusive support resource.
What is Consent?
- A voluntary, sober, mutual, honest, and verbal agreement.
- An active agreement, which cannot be coerced.
- A process, which must be asked for every step of the way.
- Never implied and cannot be assumed.
- A joint decision.
Sexual Assault and Harassment
UND takes sexual assault seriously. UND's Title IX Policy addresses these concerns.
University of North Dakota does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, creed, marital status, veteran's status, political belief or affiliation or any other status protected by law.
Sex discrimination includes discrimination based upon sex, gender identity and sexual orientation, including acts of sexual violence, dating/domestic violence, stalking, and sexual harassment.
Individuals who report policy violations or participate in investigations have protection from retaliation.
Your college years are an exciting time of meeting new people, developing new romantic relationships, and coming to understand your sexual identity. During this time, there may be positive and negative experiences regarding dating and intimate relationships. We want to help you make healthy and informed decisions.
Student Health Services offers a variety of services that are LGBTQ friendly. They provide the following sexual health services and more:
- Pre-Exposure Prophulaxis (PrEP) Consultation
- STI/STD/HIV Testing
- Access to Condoms and Oral Dental Dams
Schedule an appointment online or in person at McCannel Hall Room 100
UND offers a variety of student organizations to join. Check out the Involvement site or stop by Student Involvement for more information.
At UND, we are committed to working with you in finding an on-campus housing option that meets your needs and where you can feel comfortable.
Live and Learn with students who are passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion
Fargo-Moorhead Pride is a LGBTQ volunteer organization that coordinates FM Pride activities, events, and social networking.
The Pride Collective and Community Center is an inclusive space. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming of all individuals regardless of their identity or sexuality. As a board we are working diligently to seek out the unmet needs of our community and the individuals it is comprised of
Harbor Health Clinic is a health clinic that provides healthcare for Transgender individuals.
Tristate Transgender is a support group that can help with various levels of support. They try to network people in finding the various support systems transgender people need.
Community Violence Intervention Center (CVIC) is an inclusive support service in the greater Grand Forks area for individuals experiencing domestic or sexual violence. CVIC actively engages in LGBTQIA inclusive services.
Grand Forks Police Department Sexual Diversity Officer Program is a community initiative to support LGBTQ people and provides education on LGBTQ issues within the Grand Forks community.
Grand Forks Pride is a community celebration of LGBTQ identities through various events, activities, and social networking.
United We Transend is a Transgender and Gender Noncomforming group that hosts open monthly meetings on various topics and issues working toward building a stronger community.
Important LGBTQIA Dates
- March 31: International Transgender Day of Visibility (TDOV)
- April 26: Lesbian Visibility Day
- May 17: International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia
- May 19: Agender Pride Day
- May 24: Pansexual & Panromatic Awareness Day
- June: LGBTQ Pride Month
- June 12: Pulse Night of Remembrance
- June 28: Stonewall Riots Anniversary
- July 14: International Non-Binary People's Day
- September 23: Bisexuality Awareness Day
- October: LGBTQ History Month
- Third Thursday in October: Spirit Day
- October 11: National Coming Out Day
- Third Wednesday in October: International Pronouns Day
- Last full week in October: Asexual Awareness Week
- October 26: Intersex Awareness Day
- November 20: Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR)
- December 1: World AIDS Day