Wellness Living & Learning Community
Focusing on all aspects of Wellness.
Located in Noren Hall, the Wellness Living and Learning Community is more than just working out and being physically fit. It is an opportunity for students who are interested in incorporating the seven dimensions of wellness into their college experience to define a balanced lifestyle.
- Differentiated wing environment
- Leadership opportunities
- Group activities promoting wellness
- Opportunity to give back to the community
- Active partnership between campus organizations including the Wellness Center, Health and Wellness Hub, and other campus partners
The only requirement of the Wellness LLC, is that you live in Noren Hall.
- Weekly running club
- Sunrise yoga
- Wellness floor competition: gain points for practicing wellness
- CVIC Partnership painting event
- Outdoor games: cornhole, spikeball
- Staff and resident bonding
Previously, the Wellness LLC in conjunction with Patrick Marcoe from UND Wellness Programs led a group of 14 students on a guided trip of Lake Bronson State Park, Minnesota.
The diverse group included international students from China, students from North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota, and professional staff hailing from Wisconsin and Maine.
The students spent the day exploring the park’s trails, navigating the waterways in kayaks and canoes, spotting wildlife like whitetail deer and bald eagles, hiking out to abandoned sheep ranches and ended the afternoon with a tutorial on fire building. Dinner included roasting their own hotdogs over an open fire, and some of the students experienced the American tradition of s’mores for the first time.