Purpose of the Wellness Center
We provide impactful experiences for the UND community that encourage and promote lifelong, multi-dimensional well-being.
- Honesty: We build and strengthen the bonds of trust and teamwork.
- Respect: We appreciate differences and each individual's uniqueness.
- Responsibility: We honor our duties and choose self-accountability over blame.
- Kindness: We are friendly, generous, and considerate to others at all times.
Customer Service Standards
- We will treat every guest with respect and kindness regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, or disability.
- We will deliver quality service by doing whatever it takes to ensure our guests' questions and concerns are resolved in a timely manner.
- We promise to maintain the cleanliness of our facility and equipment.
7 Dimensions of Wellness
The UND Wellness Center is committed to a holistic approach to wellness, which encourages you to incorporate the 7 Dimensions of Wellness into your daily life.
- Spiritual Wellness: A personal dimension that involves possessing a set of guiding beliefs, principles, or values that help give direction to one's life.
- Social Wellness: Your ability to meet the expectations and demands of your personal roles without harming others.
- Occupational Wellness: A journey that involves preparing and making use of your gifts, skills, and talents in order to gain purpose, happiness, and enrichment in your life.
- Environmental Wellness: An awareness of the state of the earth and the effects of your daily habits on the physical environment.
- Intellectual Wellness: Openness to new ideas, motivation to master new skills, a sense of humor, creativity, and curiosity.
- Emotional Wellness: Optimism, self-esteem, self-acceptance, and the ability to share feelings.
- Physical Wellness: A variety of healthy behaviors including adequate exercise, proper nutrition, and abstaining from harmful habits such as drugs and alcohol.