Moving In Steps
Students will receive information about moving in via email.
Check your email for moving information, including what your room assignment is in, and where you need to go to pick up your keys.
Spring 2022 Move-In
Students that are starting for the first time at UND in the spring 2022 semester and living on campus will move in on Sunday, January 9, 2022 from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. Students will go directly to their assigned residence hall to check-in and get their room keys. Please follow the rest of the steps listed below
Complete Room Inventory and Condition
We do our best to maintain our facilities, but we know they're not perfect. Please take some time to review and report the Room Inventory and Condition so that way we know if there are any issues in your room. Please be sure you complete this by September 1. Ask your RA if you have questions.
- Claim your Roompact account through the email you received. Please know that you won't be able to claim your account until you've officially checked in to Housing.
- Complete your Room Inventory and Condition at Roompact.
Unpack and Get Settled
Now is the time you've been waiting for: decorating and unpacking!
1. Download GET App and explore dining options
Download the GET App on your mobile device to scan into the Dining Centers or use Dining Dollars at retail locations! This payment and tracking method is contact-less. You must show the picture on your GET app each time you scan to verify your identity.
2. Get to know your roommate and fill out Housing Agreement
- Meet your roommates and begin your Roommate Agreement at Roompact.
- Roommate Agreements are due within 2 weeks of moving in.
3. Understand your keys
- Keys with a number only will give you access to your assigned suite door and room door.
- If you lock your key in your room or it is lost, go to Wilkerson Service Center with your ID for a temporary passkey.
- Johnstone Hall residents will receive an M key that will be for their mailbox.
4. Sign Wellness Center waiver
5. Get to know your building
- Attend your first community gathering. Look for signs around the hall for time and location.
- Check out the bathroom cleaning schedule to know when it will be cleaned.
- Find your RA on Duty number at the Hall Office to know who can assist in the evenings and on weekends.
- Find these places:
- Laundry room
- Kitchenette and/or microwave stations
- Your RA's room
- Trash room
- Hall Office
6. Check out campus services
- Wilkerson Commons Service Center
- Pick up packages
- Get help with electronic door access
- Check out a pass-key if you're locked out of your room
- Will be open for special Welcome Weekend hours.
- Get your computer connected to the campus internet, ResNet can help if you have problems.
- Call 701.777.3424 or visit the ResNet office is located in Wilkerson Commons.
- Additional tech support can be found at the Chester Fritz Library.
- Mail and Packages
- Find your mailing address, mailbox location, and package information!
- Dining Services offers a wide variety of places you can eat on campus – regular hours start with Monday breakfast.
- Become familiar with campus and housing policies.
- Review the Code of Student Life.
7. Explore campus
- Find the closest Bus Stop to easily get around campus.
- Find your class buildings.
8. Get involved
Get involved in one of the student leadership opportunities in Housing & Residence Life! Association of Residence Halls is the overall governing body that ties together and organizes UND’s residence hall community. The ARH office is located in Wilkerson Commons. To voice concerns or suggestions, ARH encourages residents to speak with hall government members, hall staff, or email housing@UND.edu.