Foster a sense of belonging and a campus culture that celebrates the unique ways we connect and contribute to UND.
UND people—students, employees, alumni, and partners—make this university strong. Together, we are UND. We embrace a culture that welcomes all members of our community, uplifts voices, fosters collaboration, and sustains the characteristics that UND values—such as curiosity, responsibility, adaptability, inclusivity, and integrity. By celebrating different perspectives, experiences and identities, UND will better position itself to meet the evolving needs of our UND community and broader society. We will promote an environment in which students, employees, alumni, communities, and external partners can connect, collaborate, be supported, and know they belong.
When our people feel heard, supported, and connected to UND, our communities and state benefit. By attending to the well-being, development and support of our UND community, we demonstrate how we value each individual’s dedication to achieving our collective university mission. We recognize the vital role the physical and online campus environments have in influencing behavior, impacting success, and building traditions. UND will be a leader in creating accessible and welcoming environments that foster a meaningful sense of belonging for all. We will celebrate the unique contributions that each of us bring to UND and build a campus culture that can adapt to meet the changing needs of our UND community.
Searching for the right place to spend his college years, Kaden Kueneman selected UND to set him up for any career.
Affinity Strategic Priorities
UND leads by embracing people as the true drivers of excellence and environments that promote belonging. We will:
- Cultivate physical and online campus environments that are welcoming, safe, healthy, and inclusive. Promote sustainable practices critical to the long-term health, well-being, and success of the University community.
- Recruit and retain a robust UND work force. Provide equitable resources and opportunities for success, acknowledge the valuable contributions of UND team members, and include employee voices in decision making.
- Establish a First Year Experience for new students and enhance programs for all faculty and staff that will cultivate a sense of belonging at the University of North Dakota.
- Strengthen athletic excellence at UND by supporting our student athletes and enhancing our athletic facilities.
- Globalize our campus community by increasing recruitment and retention efforts and support for international students studying at UND and for domestic students who participate in study abroad. We will embrace environments where people from unique cultures and backgrounds can interact, be valued, and know they belong.
- Enhance UND’s military-friendly environment in which we recruit, welcome and retain military-affiliated students and families. We will increase educational pathways and programs in support of our military-affiliated students, employees, and community members.