History of UND LEADS
UND Leads was developed throughout 2022 with the help of broad campus and community input.
We worked in a spirit of collaboration and connectedness and embraced an enthusiasm for inquiry, positive risk-taking, and innovation to build a plan that will help propel the university and state forward.
UND LEADS Timeline
2022 Strategic Planning Committee & Workgroups
The faculty, staff and students who served on the strategic planning committee were tasked not only with contributing in meaningful ways to the success of the committee as a whole, but are asked to bring their perspective and experience in their various roles on campus to the committee.
Seven workgroups were formed around key themes found from stakeholder feedback collected during the Presidential Launch, an initial campus survey and townhalls will be formed. Each workgroup created a final report of their findings, research and collaboration.
- Alice T Clark Mentoring Program Faculty Members
- Association of Residence Halls - ARH
- Campus Accessibility
- Collaboration and Engagement Open Invitation May 12
- Collaboration and Engagement Open Invitation May 16
- Community Leaders and Economic Development
- Creativity Discovery Innovation Open May 16
- Creativity Discovery Innovation Open May 19
- Current and Former UND Student Leaders
- Department Chairs
- Distinguished Chester Fritz Professors
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Educational Leaders
- Enrollment Management
- Executive Council
- Former University Faculty Senate President
- Government and State Officials
- Graduate Students
- Graduate Students - Group 2
- Grand Forks City and County Elected and Appointed Officials
- Greater Grand Forks Women Leadership
- Greek Council
- Industry and Chambers of Commerce
- International Students
- Lifelong Learning
- Meritorious Award Staff May 23
- Meritorious Award Staff May 24
- Meritorious Award Staff May 26
- Military and Veterans
- Provosts Executive Council CDI
- Rural Health Care Providers
- Student Aerospace Advisory Council SSAC
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Athletes
- Student Government
- Student Veterans
- Summer Programs and Events
- Tribal Nation Leaders
- UND Alumni Foundation and Association
- UND Staff May 26
- UND Staff June 1
- UND Staff June 2
- Young Professionals July 14
Strategic Plan Progress Report
Surveys and Feedback Results
The committee invited the University community to share their insights and ideas about UND’s future.
Moving UND Forward Survey
A strategic plan kick-off event was held February 17 at the Memorial Union. A Brags, Worries, Wonders Bets exercise was performed to gather insight and feedback from campus and community members.
Town Hall Events
Each strategic plan workgroup held a town hall event to engage the campus community and update them on strategic plan progress. Town halls were held on May 4.
- UND Community: Climate and Culture Notes
- Creativity, Discovery and Innovation Notes
- Collaboration and Engagement Notes
- Student Success through Academic Excellence Notes
- Student Success Beyond the Classroom Notes
- Valuing and Supporing UND Employees
- Fostering Equity and Inclusive Excellence
March 8-9 Town Hall Events
Faculty and staff town halls were held March 8-9, 2022.
Draft Day Event
Draft Mission, Vision and Values Responses
A draft strategic plan mission, vision and values statement was unveiled in September 2022. A survey was available for feedback.
UND LEADS Launch Event
The Strategic Planning Committee was responsible for oversight of the Strategic Planning process.
Strategic Planning Committee Staff Support
Strategic Pillar Workgroups
Seven workgroups were formed around key themes found from stakeholder feedback collected during the Presidential Launch, an initial campus survey and townhalls will be formed.
Workgroup Final Reports
- Climate & Culture Final Report
- Collaboration & Engagement Final Report
- Student Success Through Academic Excellence Final Report
- Student Success Beyond the Classroom Final Report
- Valuing & Supporting UND Employees Final Report
- Fostering Equity & Inclusive Excellence Final Report