Engage in collaborations that serve the evolving needs of our people, tribal nations, the state of North Dakota, and our global community.
The people of UND strive to serve, using our talents and resources to make our campus and broader communities better. We are committed to embracing the strengths of others, building on what we share and valuing differences as opportunities to grow and learn. Through our world-class faculty and staff experts who bring knowledge, research, artistic endeavors and a passion to serve, UND supports cultural, economic and educational collaborations that can help build a better future.
We will prepare students for a rapidly changing workforce; expand economic opportunities that retain talent in the state’ and contribute to the cultural and educational vibrancy that make out communities strong. We will encourage opportunities for our students to embrace meaningful service while they are at UND and help them discover ways in which their academic goals are tied to responsible global citizenship. By embracing collaboration and cross-disciplinary work, we will meet the unique needs of our students and communities across the entire state of North Dakota, the nation, and the world.
After a decade of working with students and teachers in the classroom to make a difference, Logan and Cassie Suter wanted to widen their spheres of influence.
Service Strategic Priorities
UND Leads by serving our students, community, and state. We will:
- Address the health, educational, safety, cultural, economic, and workforce needs of our community, state and region via research and educational collaborations.
- Expand innovation and entrepreneurship to bring about the creation of new jobs and economic opportunities.
- Cultivate North Dakota partnerships that highlight our national and global leadership in areas such as Rural Health, Autonomous Systems, Energy and Environment, Space Studies and National Security.
- Promote the arts and humanities, which contribute to the cultural vibrancy of the state and help attract and retain talent in our communities.
- Create “front doors” to UND, helping streamline ways for people and partners to engage and collaborate. Embrace practices that allow flexibility and encourage positive risk taking.
- Strengthen services and cultivate programs for recruiting, mentoring and advancing historically underserved and marginalized students and employees.
- Provide lifelong-learning opportunities that appeal to community members of all ages, and capitalize on the expertise at UND. Provide curricular and co-curricular opportunities for UND students to give back and serve their communities.
- Engage UND alumni as community ambassadors, guest lecturers and thought leaders.