All Essential Studies courses are revalidated every 4 years.
- Faculty will receive revalidation information from Essential Studies in the spring semester of the year prior to the year when revalidation must occur.
- Faculty will complete the revalidation form in the early fall of the year when revalidation
must occur. Form is similar to the validation form and includes:
Informatin about which type of course you are validating (e.g., Breadth of Knowledge, Special Emphasis, Capstone)
Identify learning goals the course is intended to meet and what dimensions of the learning goal rubrics will be met.
- Articulate how the course meets the selected criteria and how the learning goal will be assessed in the course.
Upload the course syllabus
- Full example survey
All revalidation submissions are reviewed by the ES Committee. If a course has received approval for revalidation, departments will be notified during the spring semester.
The deadline for submission of requests for revalidation of ES courses is October 1 each year. The ES Committee's review period for such requests will be from the point of submission until the end of January. If approved by the ES Committee any changes to the revalidated courses will appear in the course catalog, which is posted in March of the same academic year, in time for advisement for the spring registration period.
To be part of the ES program, a course will focus on a student learning in at least one of the six ES learning goals:
- Critical Inquiry and Analysis
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Intercultural Knowledge & Skills
- Information Literacy
It must also fit into one of the following: