Last updated July 22, 2020
UND recognizes the positive impact of social engagement and participation in campus activities.
UND will strive to provide students, faculty, staff and campus visitors with opportunities to engage in campus events outside the classroom while mitigating the spread of COVID-19. Given the fluid nature of COVID-19, event plans may need to be adjusted as conditions change to support the health and safety of the campus community.
Campus events include all group activities, public lectures, symposiums, workshops, trainings, conferences, concerts, orientations, internships/co-ops and other campus activities held on-campus.
- An Event Approval Form MUST be completed for all in-person and virtual/remote events held in or on UND-owned
property at least two weeks in advance of the activity date.
- Academic courses and department/staff meetings are not considered campus events and do not need to have Event Approval Forms submitted.
- Event Approval Forms do not need to be submitted for events held at off-campus locations (e.g., the Ralph Engelstad Arena, the Alerus Center, the Empire Arts Theater, etc.).
- Exceptions to the Campus Event Guidelines may be considered through the Event Approval Process or by the University President.
- Event sponsors are responsible for securing supplies for participants, such as face coverings and sanitizer.
- Vendor booth and organization tables will not be allowed indoors.
- Academic classrooms and spaces are not available for use by student organizations due to space limitations and cleaning schedules.