Make an Appointment
Appointments can be made with physicians, physician assistants or nurse practitioners.
Three Ways to Schedule an Appointment
- Online. Some appointments can be scheduled through our MyHealth Patient Portal.
- Call. Call the appointment line at 701.777.4500.
- In person. Stop by the clinic to request an appointment.
Who Is Eligible To Make Appointments?
- Enrolled students of University of North Dakota (UND) are eligible to obtain services,
- Students not enrolled during summer, who have registered for fall classes, are eligible for services,
- Non-student pilots are eligible to obtain FAA examinations,
- Patients who have graduated and are not enrolled in a professional degree program (medical, law or graduate school) are not eligible for services at SHS, and will be encouraged to find an alternate health care provider. SHS will assist patient in transfer of records to provider of patient’s choice,
- UND employees are not eligible for services at SHS.
Preparing For Your Appointment
Bring the following to your appointment:
- Student ID
- Health Insurance Card
- Medications - including vitamins, herbs and supplements
- For FAA Physicals: a current government issued ID (Driver's license or Passport) is required.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. If you are late for your appointment there is a possibility you may not be seen by your provider. If you miss a scheduled appointment with a provider without notification, there will be a $25 no-show fee.
Any discussion you have with your provider can be valuable to you in terms of both health and learning. As health professionals, we are a resource to care not only for your health concerns but also to promote wellness.
To benefit most from your talks with medical people, take an active part in the exchange.
- Ask questions. Write them down beforehand if you wish.
- Don't feel rushed.
- If you do not feel that your questions are being answered, say so and restate your specific needs.
- Many people feel anxious about seeing a doctor and find it difficult to discuss their health concerns openly. If this happens to you, preface your talk with your practitioner by explaining how you feel.
The professional yet informal atmosphere at the Student Health Service is intended to be a positive experience for you.
Definition of No-Show
No-show occurs if patient misses a scheduled appointment with a provider without notification.
$25 fee will be assessed to your Campus Connection Account.
What should I do to avoid a fee?
Cancel your appointment in one of the following ways:
- Cancel online at the MyHealth Patient Portal.
- Call us at 701.777.4500.
- Cancel in person prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Late Arrival Policy
If you are more than 7 minutes late for your appointment there is a possibility you may not be seen by your provider. Being seen for your appointment will be left to the discretion of your provider based on the nature of your concern and the schedule of the provider.
No-Show Fee Appeal Process
To appeal a No-show fee, you must submit a Request for No-show Fee Appeal form within 30 days of the No-show appointment. After this form is received, it will be reviewed and a written response will be sent to your UND email address within 10 business days.
* If a patient has three or more “No-shows” within a one-year period, SHS may initiate termination of care.
A medical record is maintained on every person who receives care at Student Health Services. All information in the record is confidential.
Access to information contained in your file is limited to you (the patient) and Student Health Services personnel, unless you give written permission to disclose it, except by court order. All employees sign a confidentiality pledge.