Make an Appointment
Student Health Services providers are seeing patients in person or through virtual (Telemedicine) appointments. To schedule an appointment:
- Call 701.777.4500 or
- Log into the My Health Patient Portal
Accessing Virtual Telemedicine Appointments
- After you have scheduled your appointment, check your UND email account for a message with the subject: UND Student Health Appointment. (Be sure to check your junk folder.)
- Log into the My Health Patient Portal and view your secure message. This secure message contains your visit instructions
and Zoom meeting link.
- To find your messages, click the Messages tab at the top of the portal and open the message that is labeled with the appointment visit date.
- View and complete the required appointment forms.
- To find your forms, on the homepage, scroll down to the Upcoming Appointments section and click the green forms button.
- Lastly, in the My Health Patient Portal, check in for your appointment 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- The blue check in button is found in the Upcoming Appointments section.
Who is Eligible to Make Appointments?
- Enrolled students of University of North Dakota (UND) are eligible to obtain services,
- Students not enrolled during summer, who have registered for fall classes, are eligible for services,
- Non-student pilots are eligible to obtain FAA examinations,
- Patients who have graduated are not eligible for services at SHS, and will be encouraged to find an alternate health care provider. SHS will assist in the transfer of records to the provider of choice,
- UND employees are not eligible for services at SHS.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- Bring the following to your appointment:
- Student ID
- Health Insurance Card
- Medications - including vitamins, herbs and supplements
- For FAA Physicals: a current government issued ID (Driver's license or Passport) is required.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment. If you are late for your appointment there is a possibility you may not be seen by your provider. If you miss a scheduled appointment with a provider without notification, there will be a $25 no-show fee.
- To benefit most from your talks with medical people, take an active part in the exchange.
- Ask questions. Write them down beforehand if you wish.
- Don't feel rushed.
- If you do not feel that your questions are being answered, say so and restate your specific needs.
- Many people feel anxious about seeing a doctor and find it difficult to discuss their health concerns openly. If this happens to you, preface your talk with your practitioner by explaining how you feel.
No-show occurs if patient misses a scheduled appointment with a provider without notification.
$25 fee will be assessed to your Campus Connection Account.
What should I Do to Avoid a Fee?
Cancel your appointment in one of the following ways:
- Cancel online at the MyHealth Patient Portal.
- Call us at 701.777.4500.
- Cancel in person prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Late Arrival Policy
If you are more than 7 minutes late for your appointment there is a possibility you may not be seen by your provider. Being seen for your appointment will be left to the discretion of your provider based on the nature of your concern and the schedule of the provider.
No-Show Fee Appeal Process
To appeal a No-show fee, you must submit a Request for No-show Fee Appeal form within 30 days of the No-show appointment. After this form is received, it will be reviewed and a written response will be sent to your UND email address within 10 business days.
* If a patient has three or more “No-shows” within a one-year period, SHS may initiate termination of care.