Mental Health Services
Licensed professionals provide evaluation and management of mental health concerns.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Other Mood Disorders
ADHD Testing Requirements
- SHS does not provide psychological testing for ADHD.
- Records of psychological testing at the age of 15 or older, as well as a diagnosis of ADHD, must be provided to SHS.
- Due to changes in the brain through puberty, psychological re-testing will be requested by SHS if records show prior testing was done prior to the age of 15.
- Psychostimulants will not be prescribed until appropriate records of testing have been received at SHS and an initial evaluation by a SHS provider has been completed.
- Students must see a provider for refills. Providers track prescriptions via the Board of Pharmacy Prescription Refill Monitoring Program.
- Students will be required to sign a Psychostimulant Medication Contract initially, and annually thereafter, informing them about the responsibilities of taking a Schedule II drug.
University Counseling Center and community health care providers are available.