Aviation (FAA) Physicals
FAA physicals are available to UND students, faculty, & staff, as well as private and commercial pilots, and military airline personnel.
The fee for UND student/faculty/staff physicals will be charged to your University Account. The fee for private pay physicals is due at the time of the appointment.
- If you received a letter from the FAA, it is important to call them directly at 405.954.4821 with any questions.
- The FAA website can answer many questions related to medications, medical conditions, and HIMS AME locations.
1. Call 701.777.4500 to schedule an appointment.
2. Complete and print the MedXPress Online Airman Application
- Arrive at the clinic 15 minutes prior to your appointment
- A current picture ID is required (driver's license preferred)
- Bring your completed and printed MedXPress forms
- If requested by the FAA, bring pertinent medical information
- Be prepared to have a urine sample collected
- If you have contact lenses, do not wear them for 24 hours prior to the exam
- Bring contact lenses or eyeglasses with you for the eye exam
- All pilots are required to use MedXPress to apply for FAA Medical Certification.
- The status of your certification can be checked through your MedXPress account. Student Health Services does not have access to this information.
- FAA MedXPress Application Form Instructions