Working at UND
Last updated November 19, 2020
Our goal is to create a less dense campus.
Departments may have employees work 100% remotely or rotate between on-campus and remote work.
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to help keep our campus community stay safe, it’s highly recommended that staff, faculty, and student employees continue to work remotely where possible. This includes students completing internships and co-ops.
- Departments posting student employment, internship and co-op opportunities should indicate if the position is available remote, on campus or a combination. For the fall semester, in-person internships or co-ops are allowed without pre-approval from the Provost Office.
- For those coming to campus, departments should stagger workday start and end times as well as break times to avoid crowding. Consider a “one at a time” rule for break room usage.
- To reduce gatherings, employees should continue to meet remotely using Zoom and other technologies. If in-person meetings are necessary, they must be held in spaces large enough to accommodate physical distancing.
- If you are completely alone in your workspace, you may remove your face covering.
All employees are required to report if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or are a close contact. This does not apply if you are caring for someone who was identified as a close contact.