Working at UND
Last updated August 10, 2020
Our goal is to create a less dense campus. Departments may have employees work 100% remotely or rotate between on-campus and remote work.
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to help keep our campus community stay safe, it’s highly recommended that staff, faculty, and student employees continue to work remotely where possible. This includes students completing internships and co-ops.
- Departments posting student employment, internship and co-op opportunities should indicate if the position is available remote, on campus or a combination. For the fall semester, in-person internships or co-ops are allowed without pre-approval from the Provost Office.
- For those coming to campus, departments should stagger workday start and end times as well as break times to avoid crowding. Consider a “one at a time” rule for break room usage.
- To reduce gatherings, employees should continue to meet remotely using Zoom and other technologies. If in-person meetings are necessary, they must be held in spaces large enough to accommodate physical distancing.
- If you are completely alone in your workspace, you may remove your face covering.
Announcements on Workforce Planning
Faculty & Staff Open Forum features questions on COVID, curfews and more
The following is a transcript of the UND Faculty & Staff Open Forum that was held via Zoom on Friday, Aug. 28. President Andy Armacost: I’m watching the numbers climb on the number of participants, and I think now is
July 29 Staff Town Hall video and transcript available
UND administrators answer staff questions about the University’s “Smart Restart” A UND Staff Town Hall was held on July 29 via Zoom to discuss UND’s “smart restart” of classes in August. The Town Hall was introduced by President Armacost, who
From Vice President Jed Shivers: Employees to complete COVID-19 training by Aug. 31
As part of our efforts to build a COVID-resistant campus, we have made several changes over the summer, including how we learn, work and move around the University of North Dakota. To help ensure everyone understands these important changes, we
UND employee travel request and approval process detailed
Approved by President Armacost June 11, 2020. On March 11, 2020, all UND business travel was suspended, with any exceptions requiring Presidential approval. UND is now updating its travel suspension to allow more flexibility in travel as long as it
Jed Shivers named COVID-19 point person
Incoming President Andy Armacost has named Jed Shivers, Vice President for Finance & Operations, as the COVID-19 point person, effective May 18. He will replace Tom DiLorenzo, Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, who will retire June 1. UND