Last updated August 17, 2021
Our goal is to continue to encourage a safe and healthy working environment for the UND community.
- Departments posting student employment, internship and co-op opportunities should indicate if the position is available remote, on campus or a combination. For the fall semester, in-person internships or co-ops are allowed without pre-approval from the Provost Office.
- Departments are encouraged to host larger meetings via Zoom or Teams. Alternatively, when meetings can accommodate both in-person and remote options, this is ideal.
- While maintaining social distancing is not a requirement, it is encouraged.
- Although there is not a mandate to wear masks on campus, employees have the authority to ask others to wear masks when working near them. UND employees should be prepared for this request by keeping a mask with them at all times. UND has signage for employees to post in their workspaces communicating their mask request.
- When an employee is not feeling well or has symptoms that may be attributed to COVID such as a cold, sore throat, coughing, etc. they are encouraged to stay home and take care of themselves. In the case, that an employee does not feel well but feels well enough to work and can do so remotely, this is acceptable. However, please remember that when an employee does not feel well, the best option for them is not to work, to rest, take care of themselves and get well.
- While we are aware that vaccinations are our best defense against COVID 19, and we strongly encourage employees to be vaccinated, there is not a mandate for campus requiring students, staff or faculty to get vaccinated. Alternatively, we are not to ask questions of our employees or students about whether or not they are vaccinated.
Please work with your direct leadership regarding questions on the above.
Your Opportunity to Help
Help UND students in need of financial support.