Process and Forms
We now require all proposals be submitted electronically to vpr.proposals@UND.edu.
For proposal submission, please submit a complete electronic proposal package, inclusive of complete and signed proposal transmittal form, RFP, SOW, budget, budget justification, commitment letter(s) for cost share, in-kind when applicable and any other documents required under the RFP.
Continued Compensation Request
If a PI believes work on a currently active sponsored program is unable to continue to be performed due to restrictions related to a pandemic or another crisis, they are to submit a continued compensation request form to Research & Sponsored Program Development to request to apply this policy.
If the request is approved, the PI will complete the continued compensation time report for each pay period in which they need to invoke this policy and submit the continued compensation time report to Grants & Contracts Accounting.
No Cost Extension
The PI will complete a no-cost extension request form and submit it to the Pre-Award office. This should be done 45 days prior to the current end date of the project to ensure the sponsor receives the request before the end date. If the sponsor requires a letter, include it with this form on letterhead. Upon receipt, the Pre-Award Office will review the no-cost extension before being approved.
- The PI must initiate the extension request by email to the Pre-Award Office with the required submission information: Signed letter of PI and Department Chair/Director and the No-cost extension request form.
- The Pre-Award Office will review and sign the no-cost extension if approved. After approval, Pre-Award staff will notify the PI that the no-cost extension has been approved and signed. The electronic request will then be submitted by the appropriate individual as determined by the sponsor.
- If the sponsor sends the approval or denial directly to the PI's attention, the PI will forward a copy of the communication to the Pre-Award Office so the project information may be updated. If the Pre-Award Office receives the approval, they will notify the PI and GCA.
- If necessary, the PI will follow-up on the status of the no-cost extension with the agency.
PI Change Requests
The department must initiate the PI Change Request with the Pre-Award Office. Information required for this is the following:
- Justifiication on letterhead requesting the change that is signed by the department chair/director.
- CV for new PI.
- Current and Pending for new PI.
Temp Requests comes from the department and sent to the office of Research & Sponsored Program Development for approval. It is required that the document be on the department's letterhead with two authorized personnel signatures asking for a project be set up or continued while waiting for an executed agreement or amendment.