Trainings & Certifications
Onsite Certifications & Trainings
Location: UND Wellness Center (Group Exercise Studio 272/274 & Classroom)
Cost: $349 Early Bird Registration (before February 28), $399 Standard
Our intensive, two-day Yoga Foundations workshop provides hands-on experience in teaching beginner yoga formats through a breakdown of 20 poses focused on alignment, safety, variations and breathing techniques. In addition to the basics of class formatting, you’ll discuss yoga history through exploration of the 8 limbs, learn the anatomy and physiology of the nervous and respiratory systems, as well as discover ways to encourage and motivate your participants through verbal refinements and inclusive cuing. This certification will provide two sample beginning yoga classes as well as time for practice under the supervision of an experienced yoga teacher.
*Yoga Foundations can be taken as a stand-alone certification to teach yoga classes and/or can be taken as the first course working toward the advanced 200 Hour Yoga Program approved by Yoga Alliance.
- In-depth break –down of 20 basic yoga poses
- Basic Pranayama (breathing)
- The 8 limbs of yoga
- Basic principles of teaching asana-Tell, show, do
- Sample class formats for beginning yoga classes
- Pose categories and beginning sequencing
- Motivational and inspirational cuing
- Participation in two practice classes
- Practice teaching
NOTE: Bring a change of comfortable athletic clothing, snacks, water, writing instruments, and a great attitude! If you don't plan on purchasing lunch, you should bring a meal with you as well.
Date: June 22 - 29
Time: Various times throughout the week on your own
($100 discount if you attend a live demo class on April 25 and register before Sunday, April 26, 8 p.m.)
Become a Certified Cardio Sport Instructor and join the team that is redefining group
fitness through the art of movement. As a Certified Cardio Sport Instructor you will
help individuals not only meet their fitness goals, but far exceed them. You will
create an experience in each Cardio Sport class that motivates, inspires, and moves
people like no other group exercise
CARDIO SPORT® is the WORKOUT of SPORTS! If you love playing sports, or are a fan of sports,THIS is the exercise program for you! This high energy, music driven, 1 hour class is never the same thing twice, making you feel like you are back in the game, while getting you into the best shape of your life! Cardio Sport classes will significantly improve your cardiovascular, strength and agility, making your body a comprehensively trained, efficient unit that look and feels amazing!
NOTE: Class will be held virtually. Instructions to follow the assignment.
Emergencies can happen at anytime. Are you prepared?
Our American Heart Association courses provide you with the critical training that you need for any emergency. These courses are open to both UND affiliates and the general public. For more information on available CPR-First Aid Trainings and Certifications, please visit our page.
Online Courses & Certifications
The Wellness Center has partnered with the World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.) to provide educational and certification opportunities for Fitness Professionals.
All courses and certifications will incur a cost. Course options can range from Personal Training Certifications to Business Marketing Strategies in a Fitness Facility.
Parking at the Wellness Center
- All vehicles are required to have a parking permit/validation: Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A parking permit is not required: Monday – Friday prior to 7 a.m., after 4 p.m., and every Saturday/Sunday.
- A Wellness Center parking permit may only be purchased at the welcome desk by associate or sponsored members.
- Wellness Center parking passes are for the exclusive use of the vehicle named on the pass. The parking pass is valid in the Wellness Center Parking lot only, and cannot be utilized for REA event parking.
- UND students, faculty, and staff are not eligible to purchase a Wellness Center parking permit. They must purchase their parking permit through UND Parking Services.
For more information on Wellness Center parking, visit our parking page.
Participation in any of the above trainings or courses does not guarantee employment with the UND Wellness Center. To apply for positions please visit the employment page.