Trainings & Certifications
On-Site Certifications & Trainings
Dates: October 9 - 10, 2021
- Oct 9 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Oct 10 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: UND Wellness Center (Weight Room & Classrooms)
Cost: $449 Early Bird Registration (before September 9), $499 Standard
More than just self-study! NETA provides a live personal trainer exam preparation workshop presented by an experienced NETA educator.
Prepare on your own using NETA’s recommended study materials, and then attend NETA’s 2-Day Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Review Workshop featuring 14 hours of interactive lectures, discussion, and hands-on activities. The review workshop provides an excellent opportunity to put the final touches on your exam preparations and to interact with one of NETA’s well-qualified national presenters. Includes the written personal trainer certification exam administered by an independent proctor. To successfully prepare, NETA recommends that candidates devote an appropriate amount of time (e.g., at least 30-45 days) and effort to self-directed study prior to attending the workshop or attempting the examination.
- Exercise Science (Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics)
- Health & Fitness Assessments
- Exercise Programming for Healthy Adults
- Principles of Nutrition & Weight Management
- Dynamics of Communication & Behavioral Change
NOTE: Bring a change of comfortable athletic clothing, snacks, water, writing instruments, and a great attitude! If you don't plan on purchasing lunch, you should bring a meal with you as well.
Emergencies can happen at anytime. Are you prepared?
Our American Heart Association courses provide you with the critical training that you need for any emergency. These courses are open to both UND affiliates and the general public. For more information on available CPR-First Aid Trainings and Certifications, please visit our page.
Online Courses & Certifications
The Wellness Center has partnered with the World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.) to provide educational and certification opportunities for Fitness Professionals.
All courses and certifications will incur a cost. Course options can range from Personal Training Certifications to Business Marketing Strategies in a Fitness Facility.
Parking at the Wellness Center
- All vehicles are required to have a parking permit/validation: Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A parking permit is not required: Monday – Friday prior to 7 a.m., after 4 p.m., and every Saturday/Sunday.
- UND students, faculty, and staff must purchase their parking permit through UND Parking Services.
For more information on Wellness Center parking, visit our parking page.
Participation in any of the above trainings or courses does not guarantee employment with the UND Wellness Center. To apply for positions please visit the employment page.