The UND Wellness Center takes great pride in our student employment program – Team Wellness!
We employ over 150 undergraduate and graduate students every year in a wide variety of positions. Team Wellness employees are the key to creating an unparalleled, first-rate wellness experience for our visitors every day. While employed with us, you will gain the tools, abilities, and self-awareness that will allow you to provide leadership in the workplace. We believe that providing our team members with real-world experiences in the campus environment will help expand their education and assist with planning for the future.
Each employee will gain an understanding about the various programs and opportunities available to our members, and they will live, work, play, and learn on a daily basis.
The Wellness Center is currently hiring for a number of open positions. To apply, fill out an application on JobX. Remember to attach a cover letter and resume.
We offer internships throughout the year that students may use for course credit in their area of study.
- Future Leaders in Exercise Science (FLEX) Internship | Job Description
To apply contact Steph Hoffman, stephanie.r.hoffman@UND.edu
During the time you spend working at the Wellness Center, you will collect more than just a paycheck – you’ll develop an important set of intangible skills that we call Core Competencies. No matter what you’re studying in school or planning on doing when you graduate, these skills will help advance your career in any field.
- Critical Thinking – This involves being able to handle difficult situations, processing information, and developing a reasonable solution. When a guest comes to you with a problem, we expect you to be able to handle it, or find someone who can.
- Interpersonal Development – Communication, working together with others, how you interact with another person or group of people…this quality is imperative to success in the workplace.
- Intrapersonal Development – This is understanding and coming to terms with who you are as a person – that is, what your values are and how they affect the decisions you make.
- Professionalism – Through your employment at the Wellness Center, you’ll be equipped with the tools needed to look and act the part of a professional: resume and cover letter tips, interview skills, gaining responsibility, being accountable for decisions, time management, prioritizing tasks, and more.