Last updated December 12, 2022
We are all responsible to slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep the UND campus healthy.
Be Healthy Hawks
- Stay home when sick
- Get all recommended vaccinations
- COVID test as needed
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean regularly
- Wash your hands often
Since the onset of the pandemic, UND has tied COVID-19 mitigation strategies to local infection risk and hospital capacity. Campus policies and practices will continue for the foreseeable future and will be updated based on the local pandemic conditions in order to keep the entire campus community safe.
We continue to watch the latest variant trajectory and will seek to minimize disruptions to our campus operations and to protect high-risk individuals within our community through the following standards:
- If a person is ill or symptomatic with COVID, follow guidance at the CDC Isolation and Exposure Calculator.
- There is no campus-wide mask mandate.
- Masks (N95 or KN95) are available at the Student Involvement Office and Office of Public Safety.
- Faculty members will have the option to require masks within their individual classroom or laboratory.
- Masks will be required in Student Health for patients who are ill.
- Plexiglas barriers installed in classrooms will remain in place. If you wish to have plexiglass installed or re-installed in the classroom, contact:
Associate Director of Facility Maintenance
COVID-19 is a contagious virus that can spread to other people. Consult the CDC webpage if you are sick with COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19.
Testing and Immunizations
- PCR testing is available to students at Student Health Services.
- Rapid and PCR testing is available weekdays from 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. at the Fritz Pollard Athletic Center hosted by Grand Forks Public Health.
- Home test kits are available around campus and in the Grand Forks community.
- COVID immunizations, including booster doses, are available by appointment at Student Health Services.