Last updated May 25, 2021
Members of the University community are encouraged to test often and help prevent the spread of coronavirus.
All are encouraged to contact their own healthcare provider for testing if the testing events below are not available.
Student Health Testing
Symptomatic students are able to get tested at UND Student Health Services Monday through Friday.
Athletic Center Testing
Get tested at the Pollard Athletic Center (formally HPC) from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., Monday through Friday. Both PCR and BinaxNOW testing are offered to all students, faculty, staff and community members. No reservation is required but you must pre-register.
COVID-19 Testing Registration
- Please pre-register with the N.D. Department of Health. You only need to pre-register once. You do not need to register prior to each test.
- UND students are asked to use their local North Dakota address when registering or pre-registering.
- If you are unable to pre-register, you may also register at the testing site.
- Those under age 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
- Pre-registering does not guarantee a test.
- Proof of residency is not required.
- There is no cost for the test and health insurance is not processed.
- Testing open to all ages.
- Persons who have tested positive within the past 90 days are not advised to test unless newly symptomatic.
- The testing process itself takes about 15 minutes.
- Face coverings or masks are required, and six-foot distancing is expected.
Two Types of COVID-19 Tests
PCR tests, considered the “gold standard,” are highly accurate. It may take 48 hours or longer to receive the results.
- If your test is positive, you will receive a text message or phone call with positive test results. Results may take 48 hours or longer.
- If your test is negative, you will be notified with a text message or email after 72 hours.
- If it’s been more than 72 hours since you attended a testing event or if you would like documentation or confirmation of your negative test result, you can request your results by completing an online request form. The email notification you receive serves as the official confirmation of your test result. You are free to provide this to employers, use it for travel, etc.
Please do not call UND for test results. For questions about or to request test results, please see the N.D. Department of Health Test Results website.
Testing at the event will also include BinaxNOW, an antigen (rapid) test for COVID-19. BinaxNOW is a “point of care” test with results available in approximately 15 minutes. The sensitivity of antigen tests varies but is generally lower than a PCR test. The antigen level in specimens collected either before symptom onset, or late in the course of infection, may be below the limit of detection of the virus by an antigen test, resulting in a false negative test as compared to a PCR test. Rapid tests are not a replacement for traditional PCR testing. If a person tests positive, they should isolate at home immediately and a case investigator will be in touch with them within 24 hours.
Rapid Test Results
If you have not received a rapid antigen test result for COVID after being screened, you can call 1.701.204.6664 for assistance. The hours of operation for this phone line are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. You also can inquire about your test result online.
Travel Test Results
Are you looking for your COVID-19 testing results so you can travel? Please consult the North Dakota Department of Health Travel website.