Welcome to the UND family.
Welcome Weekend activities are designed to help you feel at home on campus. You'll learn the essential information needed to make a successful transition to university life. Plus, UND student ambassadors will lead you and other new students in exploring UND.
2020 Welcome Weekend Event
UND's Welcome Weekend event will be held August 22-24, 2020. Please remember everyone will be expected to wear face coverings during all events, both indoors and outdoors. Every effort will be made to maintain appropriate distancing. Many offices are offering virtual support; please review the schedule for details.
Although this year's events may look a little different, students attending Welcome Weekend will:
- Receive vital information about classes, faculty and campus.
- Have opportunities to meet other new students at UND.
- Be able to ask questions of current students.
- Become acquainted with campus and the Greater Grand Forks community.
- Have fun! Welcome Weekend gives new students an informal but informative introduction to college life and the opportunity to meet new people and enjoy activities.
There is no separate charge to attend Welcome Weekend. However, every new UND student will have a New Student Fee charged to their account that helps cover the cost of Welcome Weekend and other new student services.
This year because of COVID-19, we were unable to gather and capture a class photo. Instead we tried something new! Students submitted a selfie to be included in the class of 2024 photo mosaic.
COVID-19 Testing Events
We recommend attending a free testing event prior to attending Welcome Weekend. Free tests will be conducted Aug. 19-23. For more information, registration and location details, visit the Coronavirus Blog.
Move-In Stop, Drop and Go Process
After you're done unloading, you may park your car in the nearest lot. No parking permit is needed on Saturday or Sunday. Recommended parking lots include behind the Chester Fritz Auditorium or the lot on the corner of Princeton Street and Sixth Avenue North.
Please do not park in any zones marked as Reserved, Maintenance, Service Vehicle, Metered or Handicap Accessible without the necessary permits, or you will be ticketed.
- Students and those assisting them with move-in are welcome to stop by the dining centers during Welcome Weekend on the day they check-in! Please note that dining capacity is limited and only one person is allowed per table.
- Take-out is the primary option for guests.
- If you moved in on Saturday and are looking for dining options on Sunday, you're encouraged to seek alternative options in the Greater Grand Forks community. This will help accommodate physical distancing requirements and the additional dining demand for those who are moving in on Sunday.
- The Greater Grand Forks Convention & Visitors Bureau has a comprehensive list of simply grand dining options in the area.
- Please review the dining centers' hours during Welcome Weekend.
Note: As of Monday, Aug. 24, Zoom is experiencing some outages. If you're unable to join one or more of the Zoom sessions for Welcome Weekend, they will be rescheduled at a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Welcome Weekend Event Schedule