Welcome to the UND family.
Welcome Weekend activities are designed to help you feel at home on campus. You'll learn the essential information needed to make a successful transition to university life. Plus, UND student ambassadors will lead you and other new students in exploring UND.
2023 Welcome Weekend Event
UND's Welcome Weekend event will be held August 19-21, 2023.
Students attending Welcome Weekend will:
- Receive vital information about classes, faculty and campus.
- Have opportunities to meet other new students at UND.
- Be able to ask questions of current students.
- Become acquainted with campus and the Greater Grand Forks community.
- Have fun! Welcome Weekend gives new students an informal but informative introduction to college life and the opportunity to meet new people and enjoy activities.
There is no separate charge to attend Welcome Weekend. However, every new UND student will have a New Student Fee charged to their account that helps cover the cost of Welcome Weekend and other new student services.
On Saturday, August 19, 2023 and Sunday, August 20, 2023, students and family members can park in any of the campus parking lots as UND permits will not be required. Parking in restricted zones will be monitored and enforced (e.g. mobility-impaired spaces, reserved, safety concerns, time limit zones, etc.).
Parking enforcement will begin on Monday, August 21, 2023 at 7:00 a.m. At that time, all vehicles parked on campus MUST have a UND parking permit and be parked in the parking lot associated with their permit.
UND representatives will be available to assist students and parents/guardians at the Welcome Weekend office (Memorial Union, Suite 144) throughout the event.