Apply for Graduation
- Commencement refers to the ceremony. It is an opportunity for the students to share the excitement
and importance of their academic accomplishments with peers, family, and friends.
It is also a time for the University, senior administration, faculty and staff to
pay special tribute to students for earning their degrees
- Graduation is a process consisting of completing all academic requirements and settling all financial obligations.
Participation in the commencement ceremony is not a guarantee or an indication of degree completion. To officially graduate from UND, students must satisfy all university, college, and department requirements for the specific degree. Your degree becomes official when it is posted to your transcript, not by your participation in commencement.
Academic Requirement Report
Undergraduate students are responsible for ensuring they are eligible to graduate by completing the Academic Requirement Report. Certificate and graduate programs are not included in the Academic Requirement Report.
If you have questions about the completion of this report, please contact your advisor or the Dean’s Office of their college or school to confirm that all requirements and/or clarifying actions have been completed.
If you have completed 90 credit hours, you are eligible to apply for graduation. Graduate students, however, need to be advanced by candidacy before they are eligible to apply for graduation. The process for Graduate students entails different things for different students.
Graduation Application Deadlines
September 30 is the deadline for graduate and undergraduate students.
How to Apply for Graduation
- Log into Campus Connection.
- Click Academic Records tile
- Choose Graduation from the left menu
- Click Apply for Graduation
- Select term and click Continue
- Click Submit Application
- Click on View Graduation Status
- Edit your Diploma/Certificate Name and Diploma Mailing Address