Principles of Microeconomics Online Course
UND's microeconomics online course explores the nature, method and scope of economic analysis.
- College Algebra or Finite Mathematics or Equivalent
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
Why take Principles of Microeconomics online?
This is a first course in microeconomics, the branch of economics that deals with individual decision makers such as consumers and firms. The course develops the basic analytical tools used by economists to study economic decisions and market behavior. These are used to examine consumption, production, market outcomes under perfect competition, monopoly and oligopoly as well as the effects of government policies.
Homework and quizzes assigned in this course should help you become comfortable with quantitative ideas and at ease in applying quantitative methods to economics. They should help you reason with numbers, data, and graphs, including being able to make predictions based on this type of information. This includes being able to use these quantitative skills to make decisions and solve problems in everyday life, thereby making mathematics and mathematical proficiency a powerful tool for understanding individual and firm behaviors.
You have 3 to 9 months to complete 17 lessons, which include 3 proctored exams. The 14 non-exam lessons are designed to provide you a basic understanding of the decisions made by consumers and firms. In those lessons you need to complete a required reading from the textbook, view pre-recorded lectures that discuss the required reading, complete homework problems, and complete a 10 minute quiz with 6 questions.
What is the required textbook for ECON 201?
Microeconomics by Michael Parkin, 9th edition. ISBN 10: 0321592875, ISBN 13: 9780321592873
How will the Principles of Microeconomics course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.