Handshake for Employers
Post your part-time, full-time and internship positions on Handshake.
We are grateful for the work opportunities you offer to UND students, and we want to help you achieve your recruiting goals!
What is Handshake?
Handshake is a modern platform for college recruiting. Build your best, most diverse team ever! With Handshake, you can:
- Access all of your campus recruiting needs in one platform
- Increase student engagement
- Manage all of your campuses with Handshake at no cost
- Update your job postings and view applications on your mobile device
New to Hiring UND Students?
Signing up is easy and takes less than five minutes. Go to the Handshake website. Click on "Sign up for an Account" below the Handshake logo.
Company Employer Profile
Complete the profile information. When you get to your company information, if your company is already listed, please add yourself as a contact. If your company is not listed, consider setting up a company that has your address, website and phone so students can research where they will be working. Select Create New Company.
Once you have set-up your log-in information and completed your employer profile, our office will review your request to have access to Handshake.
- If you are approved, you'll receive an email and from that point on you can enter jobs into the system. Our office also reviews jobs for content, and reserve the right to approve or decline.
- If you are declined, you are welcome to connect with our office to ask about the reason why. Please reach out through Handshake or contact UND.careerservices@UND.edu.
Be sure to create a Company Name with your UND Department. Please include UND in the name (i.e., UND Career Services). Do not use University of North Dakota as your company name.
Post Jobs or Host Job Events
Put Handshake to work for you! From your homepage, you can:
- Post a job.
- Request an Interview (on-campus interviews benefit both the employer and the student). Please make this request at least three weeks in advance of the day you are interested in interviewing.
- Create an event (such as an on-campus info session).
- Check out the left navigation bar to find more information on your jobs that are active and expired, along with interviews, events and fairs.
Register for a Career Expo
- Expos are held each fall and spring semester.
- Click on Fairs and type University of North Dakota in the School search to find availability at UND.
- Register right in Handshake! Upon registering, you will be emailed an invoice from our office.
Conduct On-Campus Interviews
Want a great pool of candidates to apply to your on-campus interview schedule in Handshake?
Outlined below are some ways to be the most effective in your recruitment at UND.
- Simplify your process and use Handshake as your primary source for accepting resumes
through the On-Campus Interviews element of Handshake.
- Many companies are recruiting the same group of students, so it’s important to make the application process simple and clear. If your organization requires additional steps in the process separate from the application on Handshake such as filling out an external application on your website, selecting location preferences, etc., you can email applicants with directions for how to complete those additional items.
- If you have additional time slots to offer after you’ve reviewed applicants and selected candidates for interviews, you can fill those slots the day of the expo.
- If you choose to fill your entire schedule at the fair, please make a Rooms Only request through Handshake. Students will be made aware that you are filling your schedule at the Expo by a mark next to your company name on the career expo map.
- Leave dates open as long as possible. Career expos take place early in the semester,
so students may miss the opportunity to apply if applications close too quickly. We
suggest the following timeline:
- Deadline to Apply: one week before the career expo
- Deadline to make your pre-selections: The day following the “Deadline to Apply”
- Time slots open to students accepted for interviews: two days after “Deadline to Apply”
- Sign up for interview time slots closes on Handshake to students: 8 a.m. the day prior to the expo