During Semester Moves
Meet with your Resident Director (RD)
- Your hall staff will want to know if there are specific reasons you would like to move that should be addressed within the community.
- If your request to change rooms is approved, your RD will submit the request to be processed by the UND Housing Assignments staff. Requests approved after Wednesday will be processed the following Wednesday.
Room Change Timeline
- Wednesday: If there is a space available based on the preferences you have indicated, you will receive an email offering you the space.
- Thursday: Deadline to accept or decline the space. Not responding in the allotted time will be the equivalent of declining the offer. You will receive an email confirming your room change with instructions on how to complete your room change, including your check-in to your new room and check-out from your old room.
- Friday after 4:30 p.m.: You may contact the Resident Assistant On-Duty for the building you are moving into. They will schedule a time with you that evening to complete the check-in process for your new room.
- Sunday before 10 p.m.: Check-out deadline from your former room. Deadline to complete your room change and check-out of your former room assignment. You must contact the Resident Assistant for your former room assignment to schedule a check-out appointment that occurs before this time.
- Room changes are not complete until you have completed a check-out with the hall staff.
When your scheduled check-out time arrives, all of your belongings must be out of your room. Your area should be clean and in the same set-up arrangements as when you moved in. When you check-out with your RA, please make sure you have taken care of the following items:
- Room is completely empty.
- Room has been thoroughly cleaned.
- Windows are closed and locked.
- Trash has been removed to the outside dumpsters and the room vacuumed.
- All tape and sticky tabs, hooks, have been removed from walls, floors, doors, and furniture.
- The drapes are open.
- Lights are turned off.
- Keys are turned in to RA.
- RA has been told of any repairs needed in the room.
- Beds are unbunked and set to the correct height. Return safety railing and ladder to hall office (if used).
**Room changes that continue past Sunday at 10:00 pm are subject to an Improper Move-Out Fee of $50.00. Should you continue to occupy two rooms beyond that time, you will also be subject to additional fees including but not limited to re-core of room locks, cleaning and/or maintenance charges, etc.
Spring Semester Room Changes
Students wanting to change rooms for a Spring semester will have the option to select a different room online in early December.
- Go to your Housing Self Service page.
- Under Room/Roommate Selection click on Select Room.
- Select a room from the list of available options.
- Only rooms open for the chosen Spring semester will be visible.
- During the online room change selection process each student must select their own room. Roommate requests are not utilized during this process.
- Students changing rooms will be expected to check-in to the new room, move belongings, and check-out of the old before leaving at the end of fall or prior to the halls opening for the Spring semester. Students will be contacted by Housing Staff regarding the move process.
- Students who choose not to request a room change in December will have another opportunity to request a room change during the Spring Semester.