Complete the steps below to successfully move and check out of your residence hall room.
When your scheduled check-out time arrives, all of your belongings must be out of your room. Your area should be clean and in the same set-up arrangements as to when you moved in. When you check out with your RA, please make sure you have taken care of the following items:
- Thoroughly clean the room.
- Return Ladder & Bedrail to assigned locations on Reading and Review Day.
- Deloft beds and set up all furniture.
- If you rented a Microfridge, clean it and leave it in your room.
- Turn off the room and suite lights.
- Lock the door and turn room keys into hall staff.
- The check-out process has been properly completed.
- Inform RA of any needed repairs in the room.
- Update your forwarding address for mail.
Thoroughly clean room. Cleanliness is the absence of dirt, including dust, stains, bad smells, and garbage. Room cleanliness upon checkout includes, but is not limited to:
- All room surfaces wiped down. The floor is swept and mopped (or vacuumed if applicable).
- The wardrobe, dresser, and desk are emptied and wiped down.
- Room door, ceilings, and walls are free of tacks, tape, adhesive strips, decorations.
- Bunked beds are taken down and set to the correct height. The mattress is wiped down.
- The room window has the screen in place, is free of stickers, smudges, cobwebs, etc, and is closed and locked. Leave blinds open.
- All furniture is clean and in the condition that was noted upon check-in. Discrepancies may result in fees being assessed.
- Trash and recycling bins have been emptied and thoroughly cleaned and trash taken to the outside dumpster.
Trash bags may be obtained from your RA. All trash is to be taken to the outside dumpsters. Place furniture and other large objects you are going to throw away beside the dumpster.
If you have a bike chained to a bike rack, don't forget to take it with you or move it to Noren Hall if you are staying for summer school. Bikes left after the end of the academic year will be removed by the University.
If you live in a suite, the housekeepers will not clean your bathroom during finals week unless you make arrangements with your BST.
During the summer months, all mail received by the Housing Office is forwarded to the Forwarding Address indicated in your under Personal Information>Addresses.
To receive your mail faster, please:
- Change the address of all your magazines and newspapers before you leave school for the summer. (Non-1st class mail will not be forwarded.)
- Notify friends and family of your new summer address and when the address will be in effect.
- Go to your Campus Connection, then click on profile, then addresses. Change your mailing address to where you want to receive mail. This change occurs immediately.
- If you are attending summer school, please notify family, friends, and all business contacts that all correspondence should be updated with your new address.
Commonly assessed fees are outlined below. These figures do not include the cost of labor to address these maintenance concerns.
- Lost Outside Entry Door Key $30.00
- Lost Room or Suite Door Key $50.00
- Peep Hole Replacement $18.00
- 12" x 12" Ceiling Tile Replacement $36.00 + min labor
- 24" x 24" Suspended Ceiling Tile Replacement $21.25 each
- 24" x 48" Suspended Ceiling Tile Replacement $19.10 each
- 24" x 60" Suspended Ceiling Tile Replacement $22.40 each
- Patching and painting of holes in wall up to 6” - $160.00
- Patching and painting of holes in wall 6”-12” - $210.00
- Paint Room Ceiling $150.00
- Paint - 1 Room wall $100.00
- Paint - 4 Room walls $350.00
- Remove nail holes from walls (time est.) $46.30/hr.
- Floor Tile Replacement $17.50 min labor plus $3.00 per tile
- Drawer Repair $19.78
- Desk Drawer Front Replacement $37.78
- Desk (Walsh) Replacement $487.60
- Desk (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, and McVey) Replacement $345.00
- Desk (University Place) Replacement $374.00
- Desk Drawer Front Replacement (University Place) $64.29
- Desk Chair Replacement $130.53
- Desk Chair Replacement (University Place) $198.00
- Reattach Wardrobes $54.11 ea.
- Reattach Desks (if undamaged) $35.85 ea.
- Swanson Wardrobe Replacement $920.00 ea.
- 3 Drawer Chest Replacement (University Place) $313.00 ea.
- Bed Frames $83.60
- Bed Leg Coasters $10.75 ea.
- Bedpost Caps $8.34 ea.
- Mattress Replacement $96.14
- Mattress Hole or Soiled (1 side) - Recover $48.07
- Loft Kit (Bek & Squires) 2 ends and stabilizer $183.00 (+$50 shipping)
- Loft Kit Bed Ends (Bek & Squires) 2 ends and spring $189.00 (+$50 shipping)
- Bed Loft Replacement (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, McVey, Johnstone / Fulton) $378.00
- Bed Loft Replacement (University Place) $330.00
- Wood Ends (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, McVey, Johnstone / Fulton, University Place) $309.00
- Springs (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, McVey, Johnstone / Fulton, University Place) $207.00
- Steel Channel (Noren, Brannon, Selke, West, McVey, Johnstone / Fulton, University Place) $16.00
- Guard Rail $82.00
- Window Screen Replacement $65.70
- Replace Mini Blind $68.00
- Replace Two Panels Drapes (one window) $235.00
- Clean Drapes - one window $55.83
- Vertical Blinds - 1 vein $22.95
- Upper-Level Bedroom Blinds (University Place) $139.00
- Upper-Level Living Room Blinds (University Place) $164.00
- Main Floor Bedroom Blinds (University Place) $137.00
- Main Floor Living Room (University Place) $174.00
- Vane Replacement (University Place) $18.90
- Wand Replacement (University Place) $6.90