Welcome Weekend Move-In Steps
Students move in on Saturday, August 19, 2023.
All students will check in at the tents set up in the Wellness Center parking lot where Housing & Residence Life staff will be distributing keys and other relevant information.
Sign Up for a Move-In Time
- All students will need to sign up for a move-in time to help the campus manage traffic and limit congestion.
- The sign-up form will be available online in Housing Self Service.
- Please arrive on campus to check in at the time you signed up for.
- Review the 2023 Move-In Stop Drop & Go Map for directions on how to arrive at campus for check-in, and how to proceed to your hall Stop Drop & Go zone.
- All students will need to arrive at the Wellness Center parking lot by Columbia Road or Gateway Drive.
- You will receive your key and further instructions for the Stop Drop & Go zones.
Complete Room Inventory and Condition By Sept. 1
We do our best to maintain our facilities, but we know they're not perfect. Please take some time to review and report the Room Inventory and Condition so that way we know if there are any issues in your room. Please be sure you complete this by September 1. Ask your RA if you have questions.
- Claim your Roompact account through the email you received. Please know that you won't be able to claim your account until after August 19, 2023.
- Complete your Room Inventory and Condition at Roompact.
Unpack and Get Settled
Now is the time you've been waiting for: decorating and unpacking!
- Be sure you have reviewed the packing guidelines on what you should and should not bring to campus.
- If you're looking for help with your loft, check out Bed Loft and Adjustable frame information.
1. Explore Dining Options & Download Mobile Apps
Explore all of the food locations across campus! From Wilkerson Dining Center to Starbucks and Panda Express!
Download and setup the GrubHub App for campus so you can use your meal plan and order specialty menu items at Wilkerson Dining Center.
Download the GET App on your mobile device to manage your meal plan, including checking dining dollars balance, and guest meals usage.
2. Get to know your roommate and fill out Housing Agreement by Sept. 1
- Meet your roommates and begin your Roommate Agreement at Roompact.
- Roommate Agreements are due September 1, 2023.
3. Understand your keys
- Keys with a number only will give you access to your assigned suite door and room door.
- If you lock your key in your room or it is lost, go to Wilkerson Service Center with your ID for a temporary passkey.
4. Sign Wellness Center Waiver
5. Get to know your building
- Attend your first community gathering. Look for signs around the hall for time and location.
- Check out the bathroom cleaning schedule to know when it will be cleaned.
- Find your RA on Duty number at the Hall Office to know who can assist in the evenings and on weekends.
- Find these places:
- Laundry room
- Kitchenette and/or microwave stations
- Your RA's room
- Trash room
- Hall Office
6. Check out campus services
- Become familiar with campus and housing policies.
- Review the Code of Student Life.
- Wilkerson Commons Service Center
- Pick up packages
- Get help with electronic door access
- Check out a pass-key if you're locked out of your room
- Will be open for special Welcome Weekend hours.
- Get your computer connected to the campus internet, ResNet can help if you have problems.
- Call 701.777.3424 or visit the ResNet office is located in Wilkerson Commons.
- Additional tech support can be found at the Chester Fritz Library.
- Mail and Packages
- Find your mailing address, mailbox location and package information!
7. Explore campus
- Find the closest Bus Stop to easily get around campus.
- Find your class buildings.
8. Get involved
Get involved in one of the organizations apart of Housing & Residence Life! The Association of Residence Halls (ARH) is the overall governing body that ties together and organizes UND’s residence hall community. The ARH office is located in Wilkerson Commons. To voice concerns or suggestions, ARH encourages residents to speak with hall government members, hall staff, or email housing@UND.edu.
Participate in Welcome Weekend Activities
Head to the Welcome Weekend website for the most up-to-date information.