Military & Veteran Students

UND is proud to serve those who serve our country by providing you with the education and support you deserve.

Honored as a "Military Friendly School" by Military Advanced Education & Transition and G.I. Jobs magazines, the University of North Dakota is one of the top 15% of all colleges, universities and trade schools supporting the military community.

In-State Tuition Rates

All full-time active duty military, veterans, ND National Guard members, members of armed forces reserve component stations in ND and their dependents receive the North Dakota in-state tuition rate regardless of actual residency status. UND-contracted ROTC cadets also receive in-state tuition rates.

Admission Process

If you're an active duty military member, veteran or dependent, you must meet the same admission requirements and complete the same online application forms as freshmen or transfer students.

To ensure that any tuition assistance you're eligible to receive is processed properly, you should follow the admissions steps outlined below.

Steps to Admission

  1. Determine which education benefits you are eligible for through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, then review the UND Education Benefits.
  2. Contact your Military Education Office (Active Duty) to find out how you can qualify for tuition assistance specific to your command.
  3. Apply for undergraduate admission
  4. Complete the appropriate Application for Benefits form found under your chapter of UND Education Benefits.
  5. Receive a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating your application is processed (could take up to 10 weeks).
  6. Receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
  7. Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to UND Veteran & Nontraditional Student Services.
  8. Register for your enrollment in UND Campus Connection and notify UND Veteran & Nontraditional Student Services each semester to let them know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.
  9. Complete the Education Benefits Form each semester to let UND Veteran & Nontraditional Student Services know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.


Application to the University of North Dakota School of Graduate Studies is done via My GradSpace.

New Visitors

New visitors wishing to apply to the School of Graduate Studies will need to create an account. You will find the link to the online application once you are logged in.You will be directed to the inquiry form where you can select your programs and other areas of interest.

Returning Visitors

If you have previously submitted an application to the School of Graduate Studies, or if you want to submit multiple applications, you will need to create a new My GradSpace with a different username and email address in order to access a new application.