Apply to be a non-degree student
If you're not seeking a degree and just want to take a class or two at UND, you would apply as a non-degree-seeking student either on-campus or online.
As a non-degree-seeking student, you can complete up to 15 undergraduate credits before you must be fully admitted to UND.
On-Campus Non-Degree Students
To apply to take on-campus classes as a non-degree student, complete the UND Undergraduate Admissions Application and choose "Non-Degree" as your Admit Type.
Online Non-Degree Students
As a non-degree student, there are two types of online classes you can take.
- Self-Paced, Enroll Anytime (independent study courses that take 3-9 months to complete)
- Semester-Based Courses (take at the same time as on-campus students)
How to Enroll
Self-paced, enroll anytime (SPEA) courses can be taken as a non-degree online student by:
- Selecting the online course(s) you'd like to take.
- Clicking on the "Register Now" button.
- Following the online registration process.
- You'll be assessed the non-refundable $35 admission fee (U.S. funds).
Semester-based courses require admission to UND as a non-degree student. You'll need to:
- Complete the online admissions application.
- Select "Non-Degree" as your Admit Type.
- Non-degree students are not required to submit transcripts or test scores as part of admission.