Non-Degree Student Next Steps
Congratulations, future UND Fighting Hawk!
Now that you're accepted as a non-degree student, check out the next steps toward getting started at UND.
To gain access to many of the systems you'll need as a UND student, you must activate your student account within the ND University System (NDUS).
To claim your NDUS Account:
- Go to UND.edu/claim.
- Find your student ID number (also known as your EMPLID) on your acceptance letter or by following the steps under the "Find my EMPLID" menu.
- Once you have your student ID number, click on the "Claim Your Account" link.
- Follow the steps as indicated.
Once you've claimed your account, you won't have to go through the process again. Make sure that you keep your username (also referred to as your NDUS.identifier, which is typically firstname.lastname) and password in a safe and secure place.
If you have questions, contact the NDUS Help Desk at
1.866.457.6387 or go to helpdesk.ndus.edu.
Before you've registered for classes, please check the email you used on your admission application frequently for official communications from the University regarding financial aid, housing, confirming your enrollment, Orientation, course registration and more.
After you've registered for classes and claimed your NDUS account, please log in to your UND student email account.
Follow the directions for accessing your UND student email account:
- Review the login information under the Getting Started tab
- Get directions to set up your UND email on your smartphone or tablet under the Mobile Devices tab
If you have questions, contact UND Tech Support at 701.777.6305. When prompted, remain on the line to speak to a UND representative.
How to Enroll in On-Campus Classes
Follow these steps to register for on-campus classes within Campus Connection:
- Select Academics > Enroll.
- Select Continue.
- You can search for classes two ways: by Class Number or Class Search.
- You must ALWAYS check out through your shopping cart to fully enroll in classes.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to search for classes, visit One-Stop Student Services.
Please email onestop@UND.edu or call 701.777.1234 if you have questions.