Incoming Exchange Students
UND welcomes exchange students for semester or a full academic year through our Bilateral Exchange Agreements with universities all over the world.
To find out if your home university is participating in an exchange program with UND, please refer to the Partner-Universities list below.
How to Apply
We offer exchange programs for students from partner universities for one or two semesters. The first step is to contact the International Office of your home university/faculty, since they must formally nominate you, and will provide you with the appropriate application materials. The application materials will be sent to your International Office Exchange Coordinator electronically.
As an international student, other than Canadians, you will need a student visa for the duration of your stay in the United States. We will provide for you the appropriate documentation and explain the process to attain a student visa. However, you must supply us with the correct documentation, which is explained in the application process. Find more information about exchange student visa information.
Useful information will be sent to you regarding your stay in Grand Forks, N.D., including information about the orientation, insurance, course selection and registration.
Prior to your arrival, you will be matched with a student peer mentor who will assist you with airport pickup, housing check-in and acclamation to UND and Grand Forks.
The New Student Orientation will provide important information regarding student services at UND, academic support services, maintaining your student visa status according to the U.S. federal regulations, and much more!
- Fall: May 1
- Spring: Oct. 1
Application Materials (Contact your institution’s International Office)
- Bilateral Exchange or Partner Institution Student Application
- Copy of your passport
- A university transcript of records from your current university with an English translation
- Verification of English Language proficiency; typically this is:
- TOEFL scores
- Undergraduate: 525 (paper based - PBT); 71 (Internet based- iBT)
- Graduate: 550 (paper based - PBT); 76 (internet based - iBT
- IELTS scores
- Undergraduate: 6.0
- Graduate: 6.5
- TOEFL scores
- Health Form
- Medical Insurance
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Ajou University
- Chung Yuan Christian University
- Hanyang University
- Konkuk University
- Korea Aerospace University
- National Kaohsiung Normal University
- University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
- Utsunomiya University