Policies, Procedures and Resources
The Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs oversees the academic mission of the university.
This includes policies and procedures related to the faculty and administration of the departments, colleges, schools and other academic units.
Below are the policies, procedures and resources, as well as announcements that pertain to our faculty.
The Faculty Handbook, published by the Provost's Office, provides policies governing faculty and other teaching staff.
- 2023 Summer Session All in One LOU
- Overload LOU
- Administrative Assignment
- Overload LOU Online Course Development
- Special Appointment LOU Course Development
- LOU for Flipped Course Development
- Overload LOU for Flipped Course Development
- Online Course Checklist
- Online Semester Syllabus Template
- VS-VR Form
- GTA/GRA/GSA Contract Letter
- Staff Additional Work MOU (teaching)
2023 Summer and Winter Commencement Ceremony
UND faculty are invited to participate in the upcoming 2023 UND commencement ceremonies:
- Summer Commencement ceremony is Friday, August 4, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. in the Chester Fritz Auditorium.
- The Professional & Graduate Degrees Winter cermony is Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 3 p.m. in the Chester Fritz Auditorium.
- The Undergraduate Degrees Winter Commencement ceremony is Friday, December 15 in the Chester Fritz Auditorium.
Rent or Purchase Regalia
Faculty members are required to wear academic regalia, which can be rented by using the below website. The Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs will cover the cost associated for the faculty regalia rental. Faculty can pick up the regalia the week of the ceremony at the UND Bookstore and must return it no later than one week following the event.
- Customer #33000403000
- Order # 4977379
- Rental order deadline for Summer Commencement is July 5, 2023
- If you would like black traditional regalia please select "standard regalia" on the top choice bar. If you are an alumni of UND and would like to purchase the UND specific regalia as an alumni faculty member please click on "custom school regalia" on the top bar. Please do not order the UND specific regalia if you did not attend UND as a student.
- Orders take approximately 8 weeks for manufacturing and shipping. Faculty can submit a Regalia Reimbursement Form along with their receipt to the Shared Service Center at UND.SharedServiceCenter@UND.edu and UND will process a one-time payroll of $300 to help with the cost of purchase. Faculty members will be responsible for sales tax on the purchase in addition to income tax and other withholdings.
- If faculty have questions about renting or purchasing regalia, please contact the University Bookstore by calling 701-777-2746 or email email@example.com.
- Faculty planning to participate in the commencement ceremony should RSVP at Faculty Commencement.
- Faculty should arrive 45 minutes before the ceremony. A dressing room is available in the auditorium’s lower level to get dressed in regalia.
- For more information or questions, contact Ceremonies & University Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-777-6393.