Laundry is available to all students living on campus.
In the residence halls, the cost of washing and drying is included in the room rate. In the on-campus apartments, washing and drying machines can be utilized with quarters.
Residence Halls & Apartment-Style Housing | Coinless
- Each student pays for the use of laundry through the room rate.
- Each time these students would like to do laundry, no additional payment is required.
On-Campus Apartments | Quarters Pay-Per-Cycle
- Students living in the on-campus apartments will have access to a laundry facility in their building.
- Each time they would like to do laundry, they will pay with quarters.
Laundry Community Guidelines
Use Correct Detergents
- We recommend HE laundry detergent.
- Front-load washers require HE detergent.
- Detergent pods should be placed directly into the clothing opening, not into the detergent opening as this can cause damage to the machines.
Don't Over-stuff Machines
- Please do not over-stuff washing or drying machines.
- There should be room in the machine for clothes to move freely.
Set a Timer & Remove Items
Please set a timer on your phone and remove your items from the machines after your time has elapsed so others can use the machines after you are done!
Don't Leave Unattended
Please do not leave your items unattended. UND is not responsible for lost or damaged clothes or other personal belongings.
Don't Remove Other's Laundry
Please do not remove clothes that are not yours from the machines.
Clean Up After Yourself
Please keep the laundry room clean by cleaning up after yourself.
On-Campus Students Only
Washing and drying are available to residents of each specific hall or apartment only. Outside guests or non-residents are not permitted to use the laundry facilities.
Johnstone/Fulton/Smith Hall Residents
You have high-efficiency washing machines available. Please follow these steps for the best results:
- If you are using detergent pods, place them directly in the drum with your clothes, not in the detergent compartment.
- Keep the door open when you are finished so the washer can dry completely after use.