Fitness Center Reimbursement
Earn $20/month through the Fitness Center Reimbursement program.
The Fitness Ceneter Reimbursement program (also known as the Health Club Credit program) is provided by several local and regional insurance companies. This program allows you to earn a $20/month reimbursement when you workout in our facility a certain number of times per calendar month. Certain eligibility requirements are required. Students who are paying student fees are not eligible for the Fitness Center Reimbursement program. Workout requirements vary. *Check your benefits plan for the number of workouts required.
How to Enroll for Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Complete your annual health assessment. Directions can be found below.
- Have your insurance member ID and banking information ready.
- Go to http://nihcarewards.org and click "First time Enrollment." Select your health insurance provider (i.e. Sanford, BCBS, Medica) from the drop down menu.
- Search for the UND Wellness Center and click "Enroll Online".
- Read and agree to terms of service.
- Enter your contact, health plan and banking information and click submit.
- The gym barcode will be your UND ID# or the M-Number found on your Wellness Center ID Card.
If you are already registered with NIHCA, you can log-in by going to http://nihcarewards.org and clicking "New Member Portal - Already Enrolled." Once logged in you can update your banking information, insurance information and personal information.
Complete Your Health Assessment (Required Annually)
Each member who would like to participate in the Fitness Center Reimbursement program must create an account and complete the health assessment through their health insurance provider online portal. Reimbursements will not be processed until the health assessment is completed each year (reset in January).
- Sanford Health Plan Portal (NDPERS)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - North Dakota
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Minnesota
Earning the $20 Reimbursement
- Each qualifying adult must complete at least 12* workouts at the facility per month to receive the $20 discount. (*Check your benefits plan for the number of workouts required).
- Only one workout per day will be counted as part of your 12 visits.
- A maximum of $40 per month can be earned per household for adults covered under each plan.
- The amount of the reimbursement cannot exceed the total monthly membership dues.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their banking information is up-to-date. This can be done at http://nihcarewards.org.
Receiving Your Reimbursement
Fitness Center Reimbursements will be received as credit to your the account via an electronic funds transfer. It will be listed as "Fit Rewards" on your statement. Credits cannot be made to a credit card or debit card.
There is a 1-2 month lag between the month you completed your workouts and the month you receive your credit. For example, if you complete twelve (12)* workouts in February, your participation will be validated at the beginning of March and your reimbursement will be credited to your bank account by late March or early April. If you miss a month, your future reimbursements will still follow this same schedule.