Faculty and Staff Memberships
UND faculty and staff are eligible to purchase a membership at the Wellness Center.
UND faculty and staff are a vital part of our community of wellness and we welcome you to consider purchasing a membership. Memberships can be purchased at the Wellness Center Welcome Desk.
Faculty and Staff Membership Fees
- Fall or Spring Semester = $135
- Summer Semester = $90
- Annual = $360
- 1-Month = $30
- Day Pass = $5
All memberships must be paid in full at time of sale. Retirees of the University of North Dakota are eligible to purchase a faculty/staff membership to the Wellness Center by furnishing their employee UND ID Card.
A waiver of liability must be signed annually by all users of the facility in order to use the UND Wellness Center. Once you have signed the waiver in our registration portal, our staff will confirm your waiver is completed the next time you visit the facility. Waivers must be re-signed every year after August 1st.
How to Sign Waiver-Faculty and Staff
- Access the waiver via the ‘UND Wellness’ mobile app (link app site) or via the UND Wellness Center's Registration Portal using your IDM (firstname.lastname) and password (same password as Campus Connection).
- Once logged in, the waiver should automatically pop up. If it doesn't check your notifications in the top right corner. Read and accept the waiver's terms and conditions.
- Sign out of your account.
If you are having problems accessing or accepting the waiver, make sure that your IDM username and password are correct. If you still have issues with accessing the waiver, please contact the Wellness Center.
Fitness Center Reimbursement
Earn $20/month through the Fitness Center Reimbursement program.
The Fitness Center Reimbursement program (also known as the Health Club Credit program) is provided by several local and regional insurance companies. This program allows you to earn a $20/month reimbursement when you workout in our facility a certain number of times per calendar month. Certain eligibility requirements are required. Students who are paying student fees are not eligible for the Fitness Center Reimbursement program. Workout requirements vary. *Check your benefits plan for the number of workouts required.
How to Enroll for Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Complete your annual health assessment. Directions can be found below.
- Have your insurance member ID and banking information ready.
- Go to NIHCA Rewards and click "First time Enrollment." Select your health insurance provider (i.e. Sanford, BCBS, Medica) from the drop down menu.
- Search for the UND Wellness Center and click "Enroll Online".
- Read and agree to terms of service.
- Enter your contact, health plan and banking information and click submit.
- The gym barcode will be your UND ID# or the M-Number found on your Wellness Center ID Card.
If you are already registered with NIHCA, you can log-in by going to http://nihcarewards.org and clicking "New Member Portal - Already Enrolled." Once logged in you can update your banking information, insurance information and personal information.
Complete Your Health Assessment (Required Annually)
Each member who would like to participate in the Fitness Center Reimbursement program must create an account and complete the health assessment through their health insurance provider online portal. Reimbursements will not be processed until the health assessment is completed each year (reset in January).
- Sanford Health Plan Portal (NDPERS)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - North Dakota
Earning the $20 Reimbursement
- Each qualifying adult must complete at least 12* workouts at the facility per month to receive the $20 discount. (*Check your benefits plan for the number of workouts required).
- Only one workout per day will be counted as part of your 12 visits.
- A maximum of $40 per month can be earned per household for adults covered under each plan.
- The amount of the reimbursement cannot exceed the total monthly membership dues.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their banking information is up-to-date. This can be done at NIHCA Rewards.
Receiving Your Reimbursement
Fitness Center Reimbursements will be received as credit to your the account via an electronic funds transfer. It will be listed as "Fit Rewards" on your statement. Credits cannot be made to a credit card or debit card.
There is a 1-2 month lag between the month you completed your workouts and the month you receive your credit. For example, if you complete twelve (12)* workouts in February, your participation will be validated at the beginning of March and your reimbursement will be credited to your bank account by late March or early April. If you miss a month, your future reimbursements will still follow this same schedule.
Our men's and women's locker rooms have half-size and full-size lockers that are available for members to rent on a semester basis. We also have day-use lockers located on the first and second floors and in the locker rooms that are available for members to use for free during the day.
Rental Locker Rates
Lockers that are available to rent on a semester basis are located in the men's and women's locker rooms on the first floor.
- Locker rental is available on a semester basis.
- Renters must provide their own lock.
- A rental agreement will be signed upon purchase/rental of locker.
- Items must be removed at the end of the rental period.
- Locker rentals will be pro-rated if renting after the start of the semester.
- Semester rental periods allows for lockers to be cleared and properly cleaned.
(Jan. 1-May 14)
(May 15-Aug. 20)
(Aug. 21-Dec. 31)
(35 x 15 x 14.5)
(70.5 x 15 x 14.5)
Lockers that are available for day-use are located in the hallways on the first and second floors and also in the men's and women's locker rooms.
Day-use lockers are available for members to use for free, but all contents must be removed from the lockers by the end of each day. If not removed by the end of the each day, all locker contents will be brought to the welcome desk. If items are not picked up within two weeks, they will be donated to charity. No compensation will be given for items donated to charity.
Members must bring their own locks if they would like to use day-use lockers in the men's and women's locker rooms.
For more information about member parking options, see Wellness Center Parking.