Bouldering League Nights
Join us this semester for the first ever Bouldering League Nights Climbing Competition at the Rock Wall!
Throughout this competition, climbers will compete as an individual or as a team of two to conquer the competition routes over 3 different days. All skill levels are welcome to climb with a scoring system designed to be inclusive for all climbing abilities. No partner? No problem! Join as a Free Agent! Our attendants will help pair you with a climber of similar skill. Winners will receive a prize pack and social media recognition at the end of the competition.
Bouldering League Dates
- September 13, 2023, 6 - 8 p.m., Wellness Center Rock Wall (Kickoff Night)
- October 25, 2023, 6 - 8 p.m., Wellness Center Rock Wall
- November 29, 2023, 6 - 8 p.m., Wellness Center Rock Wall (Championship Night)
- Climbers will set their climbing division (level) for the whole duration competition. (V-Rating Divisions- V0,V1,V2,V3,V4,V5,V6,V7)
- Climbers scores will be awarded based on completion of the route with two hands controlled on the final hold.
- No points will be awarded if the climber fails to compete a route successfully.
- Climbers will have two attempts per route to be scored.
- Climbers have the option of climbing both routes at their level, and one route above and one route below.
- Climbers have the option to attempt a failed route, as their second route attempt.
- Climbing the division (level) you set for yourself will earn you 15 points.
- Climbing one division (level) above what you set for yourself will earn you 20 points.
- Climbing below the division (level) you set for yourself will earn you 10 points.
- No points will be awarded for climbing two divisions below what your set for yourself.
- Points are only awarded when scored by the Rock Wall Attendant or staff working.
- Climbers will have the first 10 minutes to practice routes/warmup.
- After the practice/warmup session has ended, climbers may not attempt a route in the competition without being scored.
- Winners at the end of each Bouldering League Night will earn a prize pack from the Rock Wall.
- In the event of a tie breaker, the climbers will be given a route one level above their competition level. If both climbers complete that route, they will be given routes two level above their competition level until one climber can not complete the route.
Explanation of the V-Rating System
The V-Rating system is used by climbers to rate bouldering routes based on difficulty. The lower the number, the easier the route. A V0 is considered a beginner route, whereas a V7 is the most difficult route in the facility. All the ratings are done by our Rock Wall staff, based on exertion and difficulty while climbing the route.