Follett Discover is a powerful online tool that transforms the course materials discovery and adoption process for faculty and helps students obtain, organize and instantly access their required and recommended course materials from within Blackboard.
Many departments have a Follett Discover Concierge to assist faculty in adding textbooks and course materials into Follett Discover. Faculty should check with their department first to see if this assistance is available.
Accessing Follett Discover through Blackboard
- Log in to Blackboard and select your course.
- Click the Textbooks menu item.
- Select Tools>More Tools>Follett Discover.
- Give the link a name, add any descriptions and edit your desired options and click Submit.
- Click the link to launch Follett Discover.
Why Use Follett Discover
- When the UND Bookstore knows that a particular title has been readopted for the following term, it is able to offer students as much as 50% of the purchase price to buy back their book and stock for the next term’s students.
- Early adoptions allow the bookstore to source more used books which can provide a substantial savings opportunity to students as these books are often priced 25% off the cost of new.
- Students who rely on financial aid to purchase their books can only charge them to their account through the bookstore. Even if there are other ways for students to purchase your text, adopting it through the bookstore as well allows students to get their books, charge that purchase to their campus connection account and have either their financial aid pay the charge or have 30 days to pay the charge. Not having this option may prevent students from purchasing the text at all.