A team of Instructional Designers are available to provide assistance to instructors, administrators and staff. Whether you need to develop a full course or program, review and revise an existing course, or flip all or part of your course, Instructional Designers are here to help. We provide instructional design assistance for fully online, flipped, hybrid, blended and traditional face-to-face courses. If instructors have any questions or concerns about a course, we are available in person, over the phone, by email, or through web-conferencing tools.
Instructional Design Services
- Course design/redesign
- Course review/evaluation
- Recommendations for student engagement and assessment
- Guidance on accessibility and ADA compliance
- Advice for selecting and implementing learning tools
- Video and multimedia assistance
- Consultations for customized services
Benefits of Working with an Instructional Designer
Since instructional designers utilize evidence based pedagogical models and principles, working with an instructional designer can:
- Provide strategies to humanize the course (teaching, social and cognitive presence)
- Increase student engagement and success
- Ensure accessibility
- Enhance course organization and usability
- Improve consistency within a course and across a program
- Strengthen quality of lectures and other instructor-created material
Our instructional designers are happy to answer any questions and help solve any issues regarding fully online, on-campus, or Hyflex courses. Please do understand that an instructional designer will not "push" the use of a tool or activity simply for the sake of using technology. They are here to help determine what will appropriately and effectively meet pedagogical needs. If a tool does not work effectively for a course, the instructional designer will suggest alternatives.
UND Instructional Designers
The Teaching Transformation and Development Academy (TTaDA) has a team of five Instructional Designers and one Digital Media Instructional Designer available to help faculty, staff and graduate students. Each of our instructional designers is assigned to serve as the primary ID for one or more of the colleges. Feel free to contact your ID directly or use the Request a Consultation link above. Please note the UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences has their own Instructional Designer.
TTaDA Instructional Design Team