New Faculty Checklist and Orientation
- Log in to Blackboard and click on "MyUND" tab to:
- Access the Faculty Resource Course in Blackboard for sample syllabi, information about course design and Blackboard tools
- Access your course site for the classes you are teaching
- Complete the three-step process to submit the Campus Connection Access Request to view the courses you are teaching, including location and roster, in the Faculty Center.
- Visit the Learning Space Design web page to view more information on classrooms. To discuss your teaching styles and ensure you have the classroom assigned that will meet your needs contact email@example.com
- Meet with an Instructional Designer for assistance with course design, teaching strategies, student engagement, assessment and more.
- Review the Start of Semester Checklist for tips on getting your course ready.
- Log in to Starfish. You will use this throughout the semester to issue alerts and feedback regarding students' overall performance. If you have not already done so, complete these three steps to request the faculty self-service role in Campus Connection. Once you have an instructor and/or advisor role in Campus Connection, the same role(s) will be populated into Starfish.
- Check to see if you are eligible to take part in one of our mentoring programs for new faculty
General University Information
- Set up Duo Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to log into your email and other campus systems to protect sensitive data.
- Begin checking your UND Email
- Connect to UND Secure Wireless
- Log in to Employee Self Service (HRMS) to view information on direct deposit, paycheck and personal information including emergency alert contact information.
- Purchase your Parking Permit
- Get your Faculty/Staff U Card
- Obtain necessary keys. Your department will need to submit the appropriate request. Information on the key pick-up location is found on the Facilities website
- Learn what UND Libraries offer in resources, services, research and instructional support by visiting the Faculty Resources Guide
- Access and Install Computer Software
- Software for your UND owned computer - please work with your department to obtain
- Home Use Software - UND Software Store
- Important Contacts
- UND Bookstore
- Libraries - the Chester Fritz Library is the main campus library
- Disability Services for Students - services for students and faculty responsibilities
- Registrar's Office
- Human Resources - benefits, policies, procedures, and more.
- University Information Technology - Technology and Classroom Support