Food Allergy & Special Diet Program
We know it's important for you to have confidence in your meals. That's why were committed to providing you with safe, nutritious meals that taste good too. Our Food Allergy & Special Diet (FASD) program meets the dining needs of students who have medically documented reasons for a special diet.
The UND community can self-report your dietary needs to Dining Services.
Choose Your Food
You can choose to eat in the normal service line or order specially prepared meals.
Option 1: Normal Service Line
Nutrition fact labels are placed at the point of service for all foods and clearly indicate food allergens present (top 8). For a listing of all ingredients, visit nutrition.UND.edu.
Please notify your server if you have a food allergy. Servers are trained to:
- Get a manager if there are questions about allergens.
- Provide you with a portion from a "new batch" to minimize potential for cross contact upon request.
Option 2: Specially Prepared Meals (Pre-order)
Gluten free, peanut and tree nut free, and vegan meals can be pre-orderd online prior to the cut off times noted. Meals are prepared simply and under strict conditions to prevent cross contact. Meals will be wrapped, labeled with your name and ready for you to pick up at the Wilkerson Dining Center.
- Gluten Free – If you have celiac disease or a wheat/gluten intolerance, you can order your daily gluten free menu online ahead of time.
- Peanut and Tree Nut Free – Orders from a peanut and tree nut free menu may be placed online as well.
- Vegan – We offer a standard menu of vegan options available daily on salad bars. You can also order vegan entrees online.
If you have a special dietary need, you'll receive personal attention from a dietitian to help you navigate campus dining options. You'll be introduced to managers and chefs who will be involved in your meal preparation. We want you to enjoy your meals and are here to help.