Library Smart Vending Machines
The new state-of-the-art, smart vending machine experience.
Located on the first floor of the Chester Fritz Library! Serving a variety of fresh and easy-to-grab foods all while using a self-checkout model.
- Credit/Debit Card
- Cash or coins not accepted
We're working to add Dining Dollars as an additional payment option. We hope that it will be available in 2022.
How to Use
These high-tech machines use infer-red lasers to identify the items you pull off the shelf and add them to your virtual cart. Change your mind about a product? Put it back and watch your balance adjust.
- Swipe your card on the card reader on the left side of the door you would like to retrieve items from. If your card is accepted, the reader will turn green, and the lights will illuminate.
- Retrieve items off the shelf – watch your total adjust as it is removed! Don’t want that item anymore? Place it back on the respective shelf and it will be deducted from your virtual cart.
- Want something else? You have 60 seconds after the door closes to swipe your card at any machine and have your cart “follow” you.
- When you are done, after 60 seconds of in-activity, your card will be charged for the items that you decided to take with you.