Chopped Student Cooking Competition
Check back to follow along with the annual student cooking competition, Chopped!
Each day of the competition, three teams will compete against each other. Only one team will win and make it to the final round! The last three teams will compete to be the winners and hold the title of 'Best Chefs' at UND!"
The 2023 Chopped Student Cooking Competition Champions were Threat Level Medium Rare!
Sign Up Form
|5:30 p.m.||Pre-competition meeting in Wilkerson room 202|
|5:45 p.m.||Team report to kitchen to gather ingredients|
|6 p.m.||Cooking starts at stations in the dining center|
|7 p.m.||First team presents to judges|
|7:10 p.m.||Second team presents to judges|
|7:20 p.m.||Third team presents to judges|
|7:30 p.m.||Chopped Winner Announcements|
A special thank you to our sponsors who helped fund and provide resources for the competition!
- Guiding Stars
- Bay State Milling
- ARH: Association of Residence Halls
- Open to all UND students, with or without a meal plan.
- The top 3 teams will win a prize (previous year's prize: Instapot Pressure Cooker, Blender).
- 3 of the 9 teams will compete each day:
- Winners of each day will move on to compete in the finals on Thursday.
- All teams will meet with staff from UND Dining to go over the recipe and technicalities of the event.
- Cooking experience is preferred, but not required.
- Recipes are provided.
- Previous cooking experience is not required but preferred.
- 9 teams of 2-4 UND Students compete