Join Our Team
Five Reasons to Apply
1. Full-Time Benefits
- 5% pay increase after a 6-month probationary period.
- Fully-paid health insurance premiums for both single or family plans.
- In addition to full medical insurance, UND offers dental, vision, life, and more insurance options.
- While retirement plan options details vary UND helps to set up their employees for a lifetime of financial success.
- Work-life balance is important. At UND, faculty and staff are given ample opportunities to make sure the right balance of work and leave is found.
- Education is the foundation of UND. Tuition assistance options are available for employees and the spouse and dependents of the employee.
- See all full-time benefits.
2. Opportunity to Advance
Dining Services offers many opportunities to grow and advance in your position. Opportunities include cross-training in different service areas to learn new skills. Or advancing into a leadership role within Dining.
3. Being a Part of Something Bigger
The Dining Credo is, "To enhance the student dining experience by providing exceptional customer service and quality food at the University of North Dakota." When you work in Dining, you're a part of something bigger! You're a part of the UND family. You help support students through their college experience by keeping them well-fed and supported by the community
4. Have A Say
When you work at Dining, there are managers that are listening to you and your voice! You have a say, and your input is valued.
5. Free Meals
Each time you work a shift, you can get a FREE meal! You may eat during your break, before or after your shift.
Wilkerson Dining Center is the primary service location for meal plan students.
The dining center offer a wide variety of position types. You could be serving food, stocking food to serve, preparing food with the chef, helping clean dishware, or greeting people as they enter the facility. Doing one job all the time can get mundane, so there is flexibility in the tasks you may do in a shift.
Wilkerson Express Convenience Store & Stomping Grounds Coffee location offers unique opportunities from stocking products on shelves, making specialty coffee drinks, collecting payments, or helping to keep the space clean.
Catering is also a part of the Dining Services operations. This unique area has a lot of needs that are different from the others. This could be preparing food, setting-up, or serving food at the many events that take place across campus. Events include big days like weddings at the Gorecki Alumni Center, celebration banquets for student organizations, or fun programs for students, staff and faculty!
Frequently Asked Questions
The pay for each position varies on the position type and if the position is entry-level or requires specific skills
All employees can get a free meal for each shift that is worked. You can have that free meal during your break, before, or after your shift.
Dining Centers, Memorial Union & Retail
Each location and area has a different need based on the season, day of the week, and time of day. Start times are all based on when the most support is needed. There are generally three different types of shifts that are offered:
- Early morning: starting around 6:00 am
- Mid-day: starting around 10:30 am
- Late-Night: starting around 11:00 pm
With every event having different needs, the typical shift for catering varies. They are also dependent on the event time, which could be in the morning, afternoon, weekend, and even at night. This is great if you're looking to work hours that aren't always the same.
Positions range from entry-level to specific skills being required. For entry-level positions, prior experience is not needed to apply! We offer in-depth training for all of the new positions so they are comfortable with the work they will be doing before getting started.
We need experienced leaders to help keep our operations running. There is always an opportunity to grow into leadership positions!