Order By Phone
Summer 2023 Office Hours
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Award-Winning University Catering Menu
2023 Loyal E. Horton Dining Award
The National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) awarded Bronze to the UND Catering Online Menu for the annual awards! A team of six judges and a committee chair examined the menu in the areas of creativity in design and style, menu variety and selection options, food allergy and special dietary preferences, and service options.
Thank you so much for the amazing brunch you and your staff created for the law school! As always, it looked incredible and everything tasted delicious! We received lots of compliments on the food and presentation. We appreciate you so much and love working with you! We cannot say enough good things about UND Catering and we are sure to recommend your services. Your staff always look so nice and are so incredibly friendly and helpful. It was a great event because of all the work you did! Thank you!
- Beth Moe, Director of Alumni & Public Relations, School of Law
University Catering provides food service to students, faculty, and staff who conduct university-affiliated and university-sponsored functions on campus.
- Working Luncheons – Save time by having lunch delivered to your on-campus meeting. Box lunches or hot meals are available.
- Tent and Grill Rental – Rentals are limited to groups, organizations, and individuals with university affiliations. A Dining Services professional staff member will be present at events utilizing the grills to ensure safe and proper usage of the grills.
- Receptions – Celebrate that special occasion (wedding, birthday, graduation, etc.) with a convenient, on-campus reception.
- Buffets – Choose from delicious main entrées to delectable desserts. Our wide variety of buffet menu items are available for small or large groups.
- Coffee Breaks – Just the right touch for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon break. Serving coffee, tea, punch, juice, soda, plus pastries and/or snacks.
- Picnics/Cookouts – Hamburgers, hot dogs, and BBQ ribs grilled to perfection add a special note to your outdoor party.
- Private Dining – Serving parties of up to 40 people through our Dining Center.
- Mocktail Bars – Need a touch of class for your event? Serve non-alcoholic beverages in a cocktail party atmosphere.
- Other – Requests for gourmet recipes, special dietary needs, and custom menu planning are always welcome.
Making Your Reservations
We encourage as much lead time as possible in booking your reservation. Events can be scheduled up to a year in advance. Food selection may be limited for a reservation made less than five working days prior to the function.
To ensure your preference in menu selection, location, and availability of service personnel, please follow the reservation and guest count lead time according to the chart below:
- Estimated: At Time of Booking
- Preliminary: 10 Business days prior to service
- Final/Guaranteed: 3 Business days prior to service
A guaranteed attendance for all banquets, dinners, luncheons, and receptions must be submitted no later than 3 business days prior to the event. If a final guarantee is not submitted, the actual number served or the original estimate, whichever is greater, will be used for billing purposes. Catering will pre- pare food for 5% above the guarantee for groups over 200 and 10% above for groups under 200. We understand that many times the number of guests fluctuates by the time the actual event takes place. If your guest count for the event exceeds the guarantee, we will do our best to provide similar meals for the additional guests at the contracted rate plus and additional charge of $5 per guest served. Requests to change the guarantee +-10% after the guarantee due date will be accommodated wherever possible; however, additional charges may apply.
Should it become necessary to cancel an event, please notify University Catering as soon as possible.
Any event canceled less than 48 business hours will be billed at 50% of the retail cost of your catering order. Any event canceled within less than 24 business hours will be billed at full retail cost of your catering order. If any special-order food/other items were purchased for your event, full cost will be billed for those particular items. If UND is closed due to inclement weather or other similar circumstance, all catered events will be automatically canceled. Any event scheduled on a partial University closure day may result in additional labor charges. Any deposit or partial payment may be returned, less any expenses already incurred.
- Late Event Charges: Any event changes or new events made less than 3 business days prior to the event date may be subject to a late change fee of $25.
- Service Times: Since delays in services of a meal effect the quality of the food, our continuing desire is to serve you promptly at the scheduled time of your event. Therefore, if your event start or end time is delayed, additional labor fee of $25 per hour per server may be assessed according to the size of your event.
- Equipment, linens, centerpieces and trays/utensils are picked up within 24 hrs of the event at the drop off site for deliveries or unattended events. Equipment and utensils sent with picked up orders is the responsibility of the customer to return within 24 hours.
Since delays in services of a meal affect the quality of the food, our continuing desire is to serve you promptly at the scheduled time of your event. Therefore, if your event start or end time is delayed, additional labor may be assessed according to the size of your event.
Campus Catering will work with you to schedule delivery, set-up, and pick-up times.
On-campus delivery charge: $15 for orders under $200 Off-campus delivery charge: $50 for orders under $500
Hours of Operation Weekdays: 6:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Any event held before or after these hours will be assessed $25.00 per hour. Please check with our catering office for availability. Weekends: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. . Out of office hours fee may apply. Any event held before or after these hours will be assessed $25.00 per hour.
15 guest minimum. Service fees are included in the cost of a buffet meal. All buffets and associated programming must be done 2 hours after the start of service or an additional fee of $25 per hour will be charged. Rate dependent upon the number of staff needed to clean up the event. Paper products included, china service requires above fees.
Departmental Catering Policy for Dining Services and Housing & Residence Life
Groups outside the department will be charged according to established guidelines and policies. Because Dining Services and Housing & Residence Life customers already support the overhead of Dining Services through the purchase of meal plan contracts, Dining Services can provide this service to the department at the price structure listed. Paperwork for the events must be completed prior to the event.
This policy is in effect for catering provided to groups/customers within Dining Services and Housing & Residence Life only.